Wednesday, July 20, 2011

STRESS!

I would like to preface this post by recognizing the following:
1. I don't like change
2. I hate remodeling
3. I don't like power tools
4. I don't like being forced to make life changing decisions (like the color of a wall)
5. I don't like 2 year olds playing with power tools
6. I don't like being dirty


For these six reasons, I'm getting ready to head up to good ole NW Indiana and spend an extended weekend with my mom and sister.

Today it begins.
Extreme Makeover BATHROOM Edition

When Brooks and I moved into this home 6 yrs ago, it needed some love. Desperately. Since then, we've torn off layer after layer of wallpaper, repainted walls, refinished wood, and added new flooring to most of the house. There was one room, however, that never received any attention....THE BATHROOM.

I think there were several reasons why our bathroom was neglected:
1. It's the only one in the house
2. It's smaller than any bathroom should be--my poor husband can barely sit on the toilet, let alone drywall, paint, and lay new flooring
3. Although it looks horrible, we've become accustomed to the grossness. When you see it day after day, it just becomes familiar.

We had plans to redo the bathroom before Olivia was born. My husband has been hoarding supplies for the remodel in our basement--new sink, mirror, flooring--whatever he finds on sale.
Every time he would mention the bathroom, I would try to figure out a way to get out of it. Yes, I want the bathroom not to be so horrifying, but at the same time, I don't want our house to be under construction! I hate that!

So we've compromised. Brooks is remodeling the bathroom, and I'm leaving with the kids. I'm hoping to come home to a beautiful new bathroom and power tools back out in the garage, where they belong.

Here are some BEFORE pictures.


Our bathroom, looking in from the door. Wow.


I would like to introduce you to the ugliest vanity I've ever seen. The two yellow fluorescent lights are really great for applying makeup, especially when they BOTH turn on! Also note the wooden squares nailed onto the wall. These were put up before the twins were born.
See this blog post for more details.


Here you can see both of the lovely holes covered by wood, and the white cabinet above the toilet. Many, many, many of my personal grooming items have fallen into the toilet because of this cabinet. Due to our bathroom's smallness, this cabinet will still be there, waiting to toss my deodorant into the potty at the perfect time.

Where the girls' little potties go. It's a tight squeeze to have more than one person in our bathroom.

Brooks started tearing things out already. There are holes in the walls, no sink, no mirror, and the tub is full of tools. The girls keep asking "Where sink go, Momma?".
Luckily, we still have an intact toilet. When you really have to go, you don't mind straddling a power drill.


I can't wait to leave tomorrow. Stay tuned for results pictures.
"Bus driver, MOVE that BUS!"

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...