How was your 4th of July
weekend?
We were busy around here, but it was so fun!
Friday night my little sister came down to spend the weekend with us. On Saturday, Brooks and I went on a romantic date (grocery shopping, of course), then my Mom came down for the day.
We spent some time outside, hanging out in the kiddie pool. We ate, talked, and got a sunburn (maybe that was just me).
That night, our lovely neighbors came over for dinner and we watched the movie The King's Speech. It was a really good movie! I know that movie has been out for ages, but we're losers who never watch movies. :)
Sunday we went to church, ate lunch, and took a LONG nap. I love naps. I read a quote last week that said, "Naps are wasted on the young" and I totally agree. Kids just don't appreciate naps.
Yesterday, on the 4th, we spent the day getting ready for our church's community picnic. Basically, we invite our whole neighborhood to come over for food, fun, and fireworks. We had tacos, hot dogs, snow cones, popcorn, a bouncy house, a pie eating contest, bobbing for apples, a watermelon seed spitting contest, and then watched the city fireworks over the river. It was a blast!
Here's some pictures of our weekend.
Maya before church on Sunday
Gianna waiting to go to church
Check out my red shoes!
Aunt Kim was trying to take a picture of the girls, but they were watching Elmo. This cracked me up because they were leaning to the side to see around her!
Little princess Olivia
Here are some pictures from The Bridge's community picnic...it was so fun. I love our church.



We were busy around here, but it was so fun!
Friday night my little sister came down to spend the weekend with us. On Saturday, Brooks and I went on a romantic date (grocery shopping, of course), then my Mom came down for the day.
We spent some time outside, hanging out in the kiddie pool. We ate, talked, and got a sunburn (maybe that was just me).
That night, our lovely neighbors came over for dinner and we watched the movie The King's Speech. It was a really good movie! I know that movie has been out for ages, but we're losers who never watch movies. :)
Sunday we went to church, ate lunch, and took a LONG nap. I love naps. I read a quote last week that said, "Naps are wasted on the young" and I totally agree. Kids just don't appreciate naps.
Yesterday, on the 4th, we spent the day getting ready for our church's community picnic. Basically, we invite our whole neighborhood to come over for food, fun, and fireworks. We had tacos, hot dogs, snow cones, popcorn, a bouncy house, a pie eating contest, bobbing for apples, a watermelon seed spitting contest, and then watched the city fireworks over the river. It was a blast!
Here's some pictures of our weekend.
Maya before church on Sunday

Gianna waiting to go to church

Check out my red shoes!

Aunt Kim was trying to take a picture of the girls, but they were watching Elmo. This cracked me up because they were leaning to the side to see around her!

Little princess Olivia

Here are some pictures from The Bridge's community picnic...it was so fun. I love our church.
No comments:
Post a Comment