Sunday, July 31, 2011

Comfort

When the girls were little, I loved having two babies. But it was hard to look at the girls and see any real benefits to having twins. It seemed like I was surrounded with negatives: two babies not sleeping, two fussy babies, two teething babies, two babies needing me for nutrition.

Now that they are over 2 yrs old, I'm starting to see some ways that having two of them is paying off.

They play together.
They entertain each other.
They like to 'read' to each other.
They help each other (taking off shoes, opening a door, etc).
They are forced to learn how to share on a daily basis.
They know there are times they have to wait.

My new favorite twin benefit is this:
They are each other's comforter.

This has just recently happened, but they have been going to each other when they want comforted. If they get hurt, they want the other twin to give them a hug and kiss their boo-boo. If they are upset, they will hug each other or pat the other girl on the back. It's the cutest thing, and I love how much they love each other.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks for reminding fellow twin moms that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Nancy said...

Your children are so beautiful. It's amazing the bond that twins have with each other. :) I have an aunt that had triplets (two girls and one boy) and it's amazing how close they are together and how much they are there for each other.

I'm your newest follower from TAT. (http://withlovechrancy.blogspot.com)

Nikki said...

That must be so cool to see the bond that your twins are forming, and the unique relationship that they'll share the rest of their lives!!

I'm a new follower from Toddle Along Tuesday. I look forward to reading more in the future!

makesperfectsense.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...