I decided to let the girls paint the other day.
Painting with twin two year olds? You probably think I'm crazy. But this wasn't NORMAL painting...it was bathtub painting!
I've been wanting to get some bath paints or crayons for the girls for a while, but they always seemed like an unneeded expense. Then I found a recipe to make my own paints! The girls LOVED painting in the bathtub and they are still asking to paint each time they take a bath.
My husband was very concerned about this activity...he thought it would stain the bathtub or the caulk. It didn't. The paints washed off perfectly, no stains! I love being right. Just kidding...but not really.




These pictures crack me up. Gianna's hair resembles a mullet and Maya's hair makes her look like Sideshow Bob.
Here's the recipe for the 'paint'...with my modifications. I can't follow a recipe.
Painting with twin two year olds? You probably think I'm crazy. But this wasn't NORMAL painting...it was bathtub painting!
I've been wanting to get some bath paints or crayons for the girls for a while, but they always seemed like an unneeded expense. Then I found a recipe to make my own paints! The girls LOVED painting in the bathtub and they are still asking to paint each time they take a bath.
My husband was very concerned about this activity...he thought it would stain the bathtub or the caulk. It didn't. The paints washed off perfectly, no stains! I love being right. Just kidding...but not really.




These pictures crack me up. Gianna's hair resembles a mullet and Maya's hair makes her look like Sideshow Bob.
Here's the recipe for the 'paint'...with my modifications. I can't follow a recipe.
1/3 cup clear mild dish soap (I used baby shampoo because I didn't want it hurting their eyes. My baby shampoo wasn't clear--it was yellow--but it worked fine)
1 tablespoons cornstarch (I didn't measure, just dumped some in)
food coloring (I used the Wilton gel stuff because it was what I had)
1. Mix cornstarch and liquid soap in a bowl.
2. Pour into an ice cube tray, filling about half full
3. Add food coloring and mix until blended. The recipe says to use 4-8 drop of the liquid. Since I used the gel stuff, I just dipped a toothpick in the gel food coloring and used it to mix it up. I didn't need much.
4. Give it to your kids in the bath tub and have fun!
1 tablespoons cornstarch (I didn't measure, just dumped some in)
food coloring (I used the Wilton gel stuff because it was what I had)
1. Mix cornstarch and liquid soap in a bowl.
2. Pour into an ice cube tray, filling about half full
3. Add food coloring and mix until blended. The recipe says to use 4-8 drop of the liquid. Since I used the gel stuff, I just dipped a toothpick in the gel food coloring and used it to mix it up. I didn't need much.
4. Give it to your kids in the bath tub and have fun!
Like I said, I had no problems washing it off the bathtub walls, caulk, and my children. But I washed it off right away. You might not want to let it sit and dry.
No comments:
Post a Comment