Our little household is tired today. My husband's grandmother passed away this week and we were up in 'the region' to celebrate her life with friends and family.
My girls were so tired they slept until 10:30 this morning! Unbelievable! They rarely sleep in at all.
So this Wednesday, because I'm tired, I wanted to share something that I love that makes my world easier. If you have a baby, I think you need one of these.
A bouncy seat! We actually have an older version of this bouncy seat. It has been through 5 baby girls in our family---if it dies tomorrow, I would totally understand. I love this thing. It vibrates, bouncy, and plays music when the toy is pulled.
The twins enjoyed it, but Olivia LOVES it. She kicks her feet as hard as she can, which causes her to bounce and bounce and bounce.
What do I love about it?
It's pretty cheap. Around $20 to $25, depending on the brand
Safe place to put baby--you can fasten them into the seat
Vibrates, which is amazing for fussiness and gas
It is really lightweight--we take it with us when we travel
The toy bar is removable, which makes it easier to get baby in and out
The entire fabric part is easily removable and totally washable. This is a necessity, because we've had a lot of poop blowouts in the seat...I think it's the vibrations.
Cons about the bouncy seat:
Uses 2 DD batteries and it doesn't shut off automatically. This is nice if your baby is sleeping, it just doesn't turn off the vibrator. But if you forget to turn it off, 14 hours later it will still be vibrating.
The legs are deadly. They protroud outside of the visible seat area, so you will probably catch your toes on it. We have hurt our toes on it many, many times. But it's still worth the pain.
I think it's something that most babies enjoy, but some babies just don't like the bouncy seat. You just have to try it, I think.
Here's Olivia (and the baby dolls) enjoying the bouncy seat
And this is little baby Maya, sound asleep in the bouncy seat.
Swaddle + paci + bouncy seat = sleeping baby
Swaddle + paci + bouncy seat = sleeping baby
So what works for you? What baby product do YOU love?
Blog about it and grab the button...or leave me a comment and let me know what you love!
Blog about it and grab the button...or leave me a comment and let me know what you love!
In other news, today is my mom's birthday!!
Happy birthday, Mimi!
Happy birthday, Mimi!


2 comments:
Jill,
I did my Whaayaluv over at my blog! http://www.twinsfortheshow.com/2011/08/wadayaluv-wednesday.html
Thanks for the great idea!
I guess I don't personally have a favorite baby product of my own per se, being as my 'baby' is almost 8 years old ;) Although, I have a toddler niece and I will become an aunt to another sweet baby girl in a few days! Being as my sisters and I are VERY close and I rarely go a day without seeing my niece, Ansley, I guess I would have to say that I LOVED her small swing! When she was just a tiny little thing I could put her in it when she was cranky/upset/had a tummy ache and she would immediately become all smiles! I wonder if my new niece will be the same way or maybe they'll be another baby product she gravitates towards?
Post a Comment