Okay...the title of this post might be SLIGHTLY over dramatic.
I mentioned in a previous post that my hubby and I started working out. And boy...we are hitting it hard. I was complaining to him last week about how I have no self discipline.
I was feeling pretty sucky because I have just been gaining weight like crazy, and I just can't make myself work out.
I'm SO out of shape. I feel like I've been either pregnant, breastfeeding, or completely overwhelmed since 2008...and working out has been really low on my priority list. I would have great intentions...amazing plans....and ZERO follow through. The saddest part? I have a treadmill, elliptical, and about 8 workout DVDs in my house. I have no excuse.
This has led me to where I am right now:
1,350 pounds overweight (or so I feel)
Tired all the time
Feeling gross
Hating my body
Hating my clothes
Buying new clothes because everything fits weird
Feeling sad because I was so disappointed with myself
As I was pouring all these feelings out to my husband, he said "I'll do it with you! I'll help you work out and lose weight!". Initially, I was really hesitant. He's one of those crazy people who is motivated by yelling, aggression, and name calling. All of which makes me cry.
But he insisted...and promised he wouldn't be too mean.
So my new workout schedule is now twice a day, almost every day. He makes me wake up early and work out with him (treadmill and elliptical) and work out before bed. We started Monday evening and have done it every time except Thursday night (my knee was sore so I did other exercises).
It's only Friday night and I seriously have more endurance ALREADY! I know we just started, but I'm so proud of myself (okay...the hubby gets the credit) for making it through this week.
And the best part?
He loves me too much to let me quit.

2 comments:
Bravo to your husband for helping you get motivated! That is so awesome that he is helping you on working out and getting you into a routine. :)
Wow, good job!! Keep it up!
I'm feeling quite unmotivated myself :-( A Zumba center is right down the road from my house...I just need to GO!
Post a Comment