Thursday, August 11, 2011

Down by the river


Yesterday, my mom (my girls have named her Mimi) came down for the day.

I decided we needed to get out of the house because the bathroom is still under construction and my wonderful husband was working on it.

We took the girls to a park next to the Wabash River. It was such a beautiful day. Warm, but not too hot, and there was a great breeze.
Lately, whenever we go anywhere, I'm immediately sweating profusely and dripping wet in just a few minutes. I hate being hot.


The girls with Mimi. I'm pretty sure she is one of their favorite people ever.

Maya and I went into the water and walked on the rock. We got a little muddy, but it was worth it! The water felt great.
Maya is trying to look at the guppies in the water.It took Gigi a little longer, but finally she decided to come play in the water, too. She squished this poor flower. :)

Then we attempted to get a picture of the girls by the big blue heron statue. This was the best I could get. Have I mentioned lately how difficult it is to get a decent picture of 2 two year old?
In this picture, Gianna is trying to scoot off, but at least she doesn't have her hand in her mouth. :)



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you girls (and your adorable little boy) had a fun time! I can't wait for the weather to start cooling off so that Brendan and I can begin taking day trips like this! I don't do too well with heat either, this Georgia heat can be cruel.
:( anyway, I hope y'all have a great weekend!
-kelly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...