Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Updates and What Ifs

I feel like everyone I talk to during these past few weeks has the same questions for me.

"What's going on?!? Where are you guys going? When are you moving?"

So here's the quick scoop:

We still have no clue where we're moving! We've done some interviews and found at least one church that we love. But it's a slow process. We're praying and waiting...and waiting...and waiting!

Right now, we have two more Sundays at our current church. I can't believe we'll only be here for 2 more Sundays. I feel very conflicted about leaving. On one hand, I'm heartbroken to leave these people. I love our church, I love the people here, and I feel like I'm leaving family.
(Also, if you are a bilingual pastor looking for an awesome multicultural church, I know a church that would be perfect for you!)
On the other hand, we KNOW God is calling us elsewhere and we KNOW that God has someone way better than us to take over our current church. So, I'm also feeling excited about starting over. I'm excited about a new house and I'm excited to see how God plans to use us next.

If you think of us, please pray for us. We have some big decisions to make in the near future. Thankfully, our current church is letting us stay in the parsonage for another month.

I'm trying to just trust God and not live with my thoughts consumed with the "what ifs".
What if we go someone totally wrong for us?
What if our new church doesn't like us?
What if I can't pack all this stuff up?
What if my girls have a hard time with moving?

I want to live in the moment. Be thankful for what I do have. God has blessed me with so much and He has come through for us over and over.
So, God, I'm choosing to trust You.
Thank You for my house.
Thank You for my loving husband.
Thank You for food in the cabinet and a job to support our family.
And thank You for my precious little stinkers that You have, for now, blessed me with.




Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34
Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your faith is SO admirable. I can't wait to see where this journey leads you and your family!

Stephen and Michelle said...

Answers to your "what ifs": "Michelle's Opinion" style :)

...it might "feel" wrong to you, but God will use it in your life. I firmly believe that with all the trust and prayer you are bathing this in, God will NOT lead you to a place that is wrong for you, no matter how it FEELS when you get there. And if it doesn't work out? God will provide another place that will be His perfect timing, all part of His plan, and you will be perfectly prepared because of what you are going through now and what you will go through.

...They might not. And certainly not everyone will like you. And it might not work out the way you hope - but again, God will use it in your life. His timing, His plan.

...leave it behind???? :) :) :) I am joking of course. You can do it!!!!

...it will be hard to move...for all of you, but especially for you and the girls. It is an incredibly hard adjustment and very difficult and overwhelming to start all over building relationships and trying to build a brand new life. But God is sooo good and you will all be stretched and changed and challenged because of it (these are good things!). His grace is enough!!


So there you go...my two cents on the "what ifs" after going through all of this three years ago (is that even possible?!?). It is hard....VERY hard...but three years later I can say that God has been with us every single step, and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I am blessed beyond measure, and I would do it all over again if I could go back.

I am excited for you guys!!!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, thanks for the encouragement!
So sorry about your dad...I know how important they are to us girls. Wow it sounds like your life is about to change. I really don't like moving and I am so thankful we have been in the same place for 15 years. I will pray for God's direction in those decisions. I love that scripture I say to myself OFTEN! Cute tub pic's Enjoy every moment my big guys don't take baths anymore...it gose sooo fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...