Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby O!

Yesterday was my little sweet pea's birthday!

Miss Olivia Joy is one year old...I can't believe it. Time sure does fly when you have little ones.

I attempted to get some pictures yesterday on her birthday. She wasn't too excited about the pictures.

(Look, Mom! I see Norah outside!)
(What do you mean, smile? Elmo is on...leave me alone, lady.)
(Here. Is this what you want? Now leave me alone.)
(You're really not going to leave me alone until I smile?)

(Here ya go. Now go take pictures of some other baby!)
Olivia, at one year old, you are still my little joy. You smile and laugh all the time and think your sisters are just the coolest. You are still using a bottle, but you're on whole milk now, not formula. We'll be switching to a sippy cup soon. I'm expecting the transition to be easy, because like everything in life, you'll take it in stride. Changes and challenges just don't seem to phase you.

You sleep around 12 hours each night and still nap twice a day (sometimes three times a day). You don't talk much (ma-ma and da-da) but you babble constantly. Sometimes you will babble a whole slew of 'words' at me and it's like you expect me to understand you. You squeal when you're happy and shake your arms excitedly.

You just started crawling a month ago, but already you are pulling yourself up on everything, walking around objects, and trying to walk. You love being on the move. Right now, you love all books, toys, and Elmo.

You give the BEST hugs I've ever had. You love to be snuggled and held, which makes my heart so happy. You're pretty big for your age (weighing a little over 25 pounds and wearing 24 month/2T clothes) and you're just solid. People keep telling me "Don't worry, she'll lose her baby fat now that she's crawling". I don't want you to. You are simply the cutest and absolutely perfect, just the way you are.

I could go on and on about how much I adore you. You have brought an amazing amount of joy and love into our home. Maya and Gigi love you to pieces. They both call you "my baby". You are such an easygoing girl, everyone at church loves to hold you because you seem to enjoy being passed around.

Olivia, my sweet girl, God has great plans for you. I love you and I'm praying for you. Always look to Him and trust Him, love. He won't let you down. I pray you will keep your content, easygoing spirit throughout your life. It's a gift.

Happy birthday, Olivia Joy!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Olivia! She is honestly one of the most adorable little girls I've ever seen, I love little chubby babies more than anything!

Kathy said...

Olivia is SOOO CUTE! Love your letter to her-how precious!!

Miss Megan said...

I love her to pieces! SO cute!! Happy birthday little Olivia!!!
And you're definitely right...time really flies when there are little ones in the house =). Enjoy those snuggles momma!

Moosler said...

Adorable!!! Happy birthday, Olivia!

Courtney said...

Those pigtails are too cute! I love that little squishy face smile in the last picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Blessings to you and your three little ones!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!!! She is just 2 cut I love those pics I actually laughed out loud on the last one. Such a sweet letter to Olivia.

The Mama said...

Happy Birthday! You have a sweet family. I'm stopping by after seeing your comment on my blog. Three girls... what a joy :)

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. She is SOOOO cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...