Thursday, March 29, 2012

Moms of Multiples

If you're visiting my blog from Kelly's Korner, Welcome!

The 'Show Us Your Life' for this Friday is Moms of Multiples. Check out her blog for more awesome Multiples blogs.

I'm a mom to fraternal twin 3 year old girls and a little 1 year old singleton girl.

Here's twin #1, Maya (baby A)

Twin #2, Gianna (baby B)
Daddy with his girls
My sweet little singleton, Olivia
I'm frequently asked, "What's it like having twins?" or "Do you like having twins?".
I usually answer by explaining that they were our first, we didn't know any different! But now, looking back, I can say with assurance that I absolutely LOVE have twins.

Here's my list of the best things about having multiples:

1. More hugs, kisses, snuggles and love

2. They play together. Because they're the same age, it's much more fun to play with each other, rather than boring old Mom (this didn't occur until they were almost 2).

3. They are each others' comforter. My girls run to each other when they are hurt or sad. Sometimes just a hug from their best friend makes things "all bebber now".

4. I get to do everything twice. I get to do everything twice. So if I screw up the first time, pretty soon, I'll get another chance. So if I screw up the first time, pretty soon, I'll get another chance.

5. I feel like a Kardashian when I go out in public. Basically, everyone wants to talk to you about whether or not they are twins, how old are they, tells me how cute they are. People seem to be in awe of you. "I just don't know how you do it!" I always smile and say something like "They're wonderful children" or "I'm so blessed" (the reality is that all three children are on the verge of a complete llama llama breakdown, and I'm searching desperately for the quickest check out line).

6. Teaching my children to share has not been difficult. They have no choice but to share everything--they don't know any differently.

7. They help each other. We are now in the stage where they can help each other get on shoes, coats, pants, etc. Two toddlers are better than one!

8. They are each others' best friend. They get along great with other kids, because they are used to being around kids their own age.

9. They compete with each other. All I have to do is say, "Wow, Maya! You are such a great helper! Thanks for putting away all the toys!" and guess what? Twin #2 is jumping up to help clean up. She doesn't want her sister getting all the praise!

10. I'm going to end the way I began: double the kisses, hugs, snuggles, and love! It really is the best!


Obviously, there are some "not so fun" things that go with twins (the poop...and whining...and double meltdowns), but the good outweighs the bad each and every day!

Check back tomorrow....party pictures are coming!
Photobucket

8 comments:

twinkietotmom said...

Stopping by from SUYL! I'm mom to a 4 yo son and 2 & half yo twin girls...so we are just the opposite of you! You girls are gorgeous and I love all of their names! Sophia & Olivia were our runner up names for the girls.

Trish said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love reading blogs where the kids are close in age to mine! My twin girls are 2.5. Have you written a blog post in the past about adding baby #3 to your family? If so, I'd love to read it (I don't know whether to go for a third child or not!!)

Jill said...

Visiting from Kelly's Korner. Your girls are adorable. My twin girls just turned 4. My name is Jill, too and one of my girls is Olivia! Funny.

thejavamama said...

Oh my gosh they are so cute! They remind me of me and my twin sister. We are 30 and both have boys the same age :)

Unknown said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR SWEET PICS! I have a secret wish for twins.... maybe everyone does.LOL Thanks for the prayers sweet friend!

Caitlyn said...

Evening Jill! Your girls are all so beautiful, thanks for stopping by my blog. Its fun to 'meet' and hookup with some multiple moms!

The Howard Bunch said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Link-up! Jill, your girls are precious!! I'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

Love your list and your girls are so precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...