Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings

I am NOT ready for Monday!


This past weekend was so fun, busy, crazy, full, wonderful, heartfelt, and encouraging.


Our weekend involved a birthday party for all 3 girls, fun with family, and our final Sunday at The Bridge Community Church.


We started the fun with my sister coming down to our house on Friday. She had graciously volunteered to be my babysitter and my PPPC (personal party planning commitee). She watched the girls while I did some last minute birthday party shopping/errands, then that evening we headed over to church to start decorating for the party.


Saturday was party day! My girls' birthdays are 9 days apart, so we just combined and had a party with all three. The twins are turning 3 on the 31st and Olivia turned 1 last week.


Tangled is currently the girls' favorite movie, so we had a Rapunzel party. They have been asking everyone they see "you come to my Rapunzel party?". The party was a blast, and afterwards, we were able to have dinner and go swimming with some of our extended family. I'm now convinced that a swimming pool is the best form of entertainment for 13 kids...I know my girls were worn out!


Yesterday was our last Sunday at The Bridge. It was such a bittersweet day. We love the people there so much. It's heartbreaking to think that I won't be seeing them every week. I know God has great plans for the church and I know he is preparing another pastor to come lead them. Moving away is exciting. Change is exciting. But I feel like I'm going to be leaving a part of my heart here. When you "do life" with a group of people, it's hard to leave. They become your family.


The service yesterday was so touching. People gave testimonies about my sweet husband and how he had affected their lives. It was really encouraging and uplifting. Then we all had a great dinner together. I love it that our dining area is too small! There were tables everywhere and it was hard to fit everyone in. What a blessing to have that problem!


Today I'm back at work, tired and in need of a nap. My girls are spending their last day with Miss Amy (their lovely babysitter). I'm feeling a little nostalgic, thinking about the past few years here. Next weekend we are going up to Michigan to candidate at another church and meet some potential future 'family'. We still don't know where we are moving or what God has planned for our future.


Life is uncertain, but God is good.


Stay tuned. Later this week, I'll share some pictures from the party. And more book reviews...I've read some good ones lately!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Jill, my heart goes out to you. What a roller coaster of emotions this weekend! The highs of the birthday party, and yet the lows of leaving your church and town. I can relate. I have had those kinds of weekends. God has helped me by His Grace and He will help you, too! I'll be praying that God directs you & your husband to the next place for your family.

Unknown said...

I am so glad they honored your husband, what a blessing. I know what an uncertain future feels like. I will be saying a prayer for your continued peace. I can't wait to see those pics of the girls party!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...