Friday, July 20, 2012

Terrible Twos...I mean, Threes


Okay, so you know how everyone talks about the terrible twos?  And it's this age you should dread because it's just...terrible?

It's a lie.

Two year olds are nothing compared to three year olds.  The terrible threes are far, far worse.   Obviously, this is just my opinion, but I think I'm right.   My twins have been terrors this week.  They are not listening, telling me "no!" when I tell them to do something, covering their ears and running away from me, whining constantly, and fighting nap and bed times.  On Sunday, Maya decided she didn't want to go to children's church and actually ran back through the sanctuary, trying to escape.

They have been fighting with each other, hitting, biting, and screaming.  There have been multiple time outs today, and I have a feeling there will be a lot more today.

Last night I had a first time experience as a Mom.  Maya told me, "Mama, I don't like you! You're mean!".   Ha!

Tonight, my hubby and I are going on a date.  I can't wait.  I desperately need a break from small children.  I'm tired of being touched constantly, I'm tired of telling my kids to 'listen and obey' and I'm tired of putting them to bed and fighting to get them to sleep.

If you think of her, say a prayer for our sweet babysitter tonight.  She's going to have her hands full!

I wanted to share some random pictures from our summer adventures.  Watermelon, swimming, and being in the bright sunlight with one of their favorite cousins.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Paula said...

I agree about 3 being worse than 2! My great-niece (who is slightly developmentally delayed) recently went through about four months of 'sudden onset' tantrums (that disappeared as quickly as they came on) and I told my mom that I thought she might just be experiencing a 'delay' in the terrible two's. She is now just three months away from turning four, and is a delightful child (99% of the time).

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful date night. It sounds like the three's have more articulate tantrums. I love the summer photos. Thank you for sharing on Multiples Monday on Capri + 3.

: 0 ) Theresa

Danae said...

Hope date night was everything you were hoping for! I agree about the terrible threes. That's where we are now with my twins and oh. my. gosh. It's hard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...