Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday, Pretend, and Triscuits


 It's raining outside.

So much for my plans to take the girls to a new park this afternoon.  But now I don't have to water my garden!


My girls are upstairs in their playroom.  They are playing "family".  Maya is the mom, Gianna is the dad, I'm the sister, and the dog is the baby.  Olivia is the dog.

We have been playing pretend frequently around here. I have two favorite games.  My first choice to play is "sleepover". This game is wonderful and magical.  Basically, the girls bring me a blanket and pillow and make me lay down on the couch and sleep.  They try to be very, very quiet because, "Mommy is sleeping at a sleepover!"  Sometimes they snuggle with me, but usually, they just leave me alone so I can sleep. 

My second favorite game is called "getting ready for the castle".  Basically, the girls say I need to go to some castle for a party and they have to get me ready.  They get out the brushes and combs and do my hair.  When they were younger, this game was scary and painful. But now, they have become quite good at brushing hair.  So I sit on the floor and they brush my hair and make it "beautiful" by putting clips and barrettes in my hair.

The castle game is dangerous.  You need to make sure you don't have any bows or clips in your hair when you leave the house.  I once went to the library with three butterfly barrettes clipped into the ends of my hair.  I didn't find out until I got home!



On a totally random, unrelated note, I wanted to let you know that I have a new favorite cracker.  I've been a long time fan of Triscuits (thanks to my Mom), but I recently discovered a new flavor that has blown me away.

Dill, Sea Salt, and Olive Oil Triscuits.
Freakin' awesome.

If you haven't tried them, you need to.  Go get a box, spread some plain cream cheese on a cracker, and eat.  Heavenly.




Have a great weekend, friends. :) 
 Photobucket


4 comments:

Brandon said...

Your girls are so beautiful. That first picture could be on greeting cards.

Tried those crackers for the first time this weekend. I thought the dill was a little too much. Also nothing beats cracked pepper and sea salt triscuits.

The Howard Bunch said...

Ooh! The sleepover game sounds heavenly! Sign me up!

Deanna said...

I am teaching my girls to play the sleepover game TODAY! : )

Unknown said...

I love the games of pretend. They sound like a lot of fun. We will have to try them out whent the babies are a little bigger. The pictures of your girls are adorable. Thanks for sharing on Multiples Monday on Capri + 3.

: 0 ) Theresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...