Most of you are aware the I'm a pastor's wife (if you didn't know, surprise!).
For the past 6 years, we have been serving God at our current church. We moved here as a young, married couple. We were unsure of many things, but very sure of the fact that God had called us here to serve Him.
I feel like we've gone through so much with the people of this church. We've prayed together, cried together, mourned, laughed, sang, and experienced life together. We've had more than our share of delicious potluck dinner food sent to our home, we became parents, and lost loved ones while living here.
Together as a church body, we faced a challenge that we knew could only succeed with God at the helm. We closed our church and opened a bilingual, multicultural church that God is using to bless this community. Although we love this church, we feel like God is calling us somewhere else.
The scary part? We have no clue where we're going!
We'll be living in our parsonage for another 7 weeks (oh my...that isn't very long...I just had a slight panic attack). After that, who knows? My handsome hubby is sending out resumes, and we're praying that God will lead us where we need to go.
So right now we're trying to get rid of things, organize, and start packing. I'm not going to lie, it's a little overwhelming. If you have any good moving advice, send it my way.
If you think of us, pray for us during this crazy time in our lives.
For the past 6 years, we have been serving God at our current church. We moved here as a young, married couple. We were unsure of many things, but very sure of the fact that God had called us here to serve Him.
I feel like we've gone through so much with the people of this church. We've prayed together, cried together, mourned, laughed, sang, and experienced life together. We've had more than our share of delicious potluck dinner food sent to our home, we became parents, and lost loved ones while living here.
Together as a church body, we faced a challenge that we knew could only succeed with God at the helm. We closed our church and opened a bilingual, multicultural church that God is using to bless this community. Although we love this church, we feel like God is calling us somewhere else.
The scary part? We have no clue where we're going!
We'll be living in our parsonage for another 7 weeks (oh my...that isn't very long...I just had a slight panic attack). After that, who knows? My handsome hubby is sending out resumes, and we're praying that God will lead us where we need to go.
So right now we're trying to get rid of things, organize, and start packing. I'm not going to lie, it's a little overwhelming. If you have any good moving advice, send it my way.
If you think of us, pray for us during this crazy time in our lives.

6 comments:
Oh goodness. Exciting, yet terrifying!
Hold tight to knowing that God has gone before you, and His hand is upon you at all times!
Is your husband a lead/preaching pastor?
Will keep you in my prayers!
Oh goodness. Exciting, yet terrifying!
Hold tight to knowing that God has gone before you, and His hand is upon you at all times!
Is your husband a lead/preaching pastor?
Will keep you in my prayers!
How exciting and scary at the same time!! Have you thought about Lafayette at all? Its a nice community with lots of church options. And not that far of a move, yet still close to NWI for your family. Plus, I know a great babysitter! :)
I am excited for you, even though I know it is scary!! Did you apply up our way?!? I hope so!
Did you ever read my method for moving two years ago...it was CRAZY...but the easiest and fastest move we have ever made. Feel free to steal my ideas and tailor them to your needs :) :) http://mowat.blogspot.com/2009/07/moving.html
Feel free to call or email me!!
Michelle
Oh wow! That really is scary but very exciting at the same time!
A test of your faith...He will take care of you, I'm sure of it. Saying some extra prayers for you anyhow =).
You can do it! =)
I'll be praying for you. He who started the good work in you will be faithful to bring it to completion. Amen
Post a Comment