I've been extremely spoiled by this sweet baby. She waited until she was 10 months old to crawl. Several people have expressed surprise by this. Someone at work told me, "My baby started crawling when he was 7 months old. Maybe you should take her to the doctor."
HA.
I've learned so much now that I'm on baby #3. I just don't worry about those little milestones and whether my baby is 'normal'. Every baby develops at a different rate, there is no normal. And I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Olivia, she just didn't want to crawl until now.
So instead of seeing it as something to worry and fret about, I saw it as a blessing. God knows I've been busy enough with the twins. I think He just had mercy on me and made Olivia wait a few months to crawl. :)
Well, the good old days are over. She is officially on the move. She is everywhere, and every little thing on the floor is in her mouth. She loves our dog and will crawl over to Norah and pull her fur. Poor Norah.


Here are my two other little stinkers. They are going to be 3 in 2 months! I can't believe it!
If you're a first time mom and you are worrying about your baby's development, please STOP. Your baby is fine and will hit milestones at the perfect time for him or her.
And what's the point in worrying, anyways? It doesn't change or help anything!
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
Luke 12:25-26


If you're a first time mom and you are worrying about your baby's development, please STOP. Your baby is fine and will hit milestones at the perfect time for him or her.
And what's the point in worrying, anyways? It doesn't change or help anything!
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
Luke 12:25-26



2 comments:
It is sooo true! Amaya is 18 mo. and still isn't walking. Everyone is worried or concerned except for me. She is very laid back and could do it, but she wants to have it perfected before she starts :) I have not minded one bit, and have actually loved cuddling longer than most can!
It's amazing how different we change as we parent, isn't it? I mean, the worry about them....I can't help it. But, it lessens a lot with the 2nd. If we had a 3rd, who knows how laid back I could be! LOL
Post a Comment