Happy Valentine's Day yesterday!

I've actually been thinking about and planning for Valentine's Day for a while now. Back in January, I decided that Brooks and I were going out for V-Day. And not just out to Arby's...out to a NICE restaurant. I bought a new dress (well, two new dresses, actually....I expected to not like one and send one back, but I love them both) and researched restaurants to find the perfect place.
As usual, life happened.
I could only get reservations at 5pm. Our babysitter is in high school and can't be out very late on a school night. I forgot to buy pantyhose (stupid winter). My necklace I was planning to wear broke. Our car is at the mechanic and we would have to drive our huge, black van.
So when a coworker needed Tuesday off, I decided to work. Boy, was that a bad decision! I was at work from 7am to 9:30pm that day because we were so busy. Happy Valentine's Day to me.
I think it's interesting that when we try to make plans for the 'perfect' day/date/event, things inevitably go wrong. Maybe it's just me, but when I feel like I have everything together, that's when everything falls apart! I get so frustrated with the imperfections that I miss the blessings.
So this year, for Valentine's Day (well, really, the day after V-Day...) I'm going to focus on the loves of my life. My husband, who is adorable, funny, and loves me like crazy, even though I'm full of imperfections. My beautiful children who amaze me, challenge me, hug me, make me laugh, and give the best kisses. My God, who has for now blessed me with these. Who loved me before I knew him or loved Him. Who sees my many imperfections as opportunities.
I'm in awe and so thankful.
And you know what? Because I worked and we didn't go out, I got to sleep in the morning. I love sleeping in. Maybe more than going out to eat. :)

I've actually been thinking about and planning for Valentine's Day for a while now. Back in January, I decided that Brooks and I were going out for V-Day. And not just out to Arby's...out to a NICE restaurant. I bought a new dress (well, two new dresses, actually....I expected to not like one and send one back, but I love them both) and researched restaurants to find the perfect place.
As usual, life happened.
I could only get reservations at 5pm. Our babysitter is in high school and can't be out very late on a school night. I forgot to buy pantyhose (stupid winter). My necklace I was planning to wear broke. Our car is at the mechanic and we would have to drive our huge, black van.
So when a coworker needed Tuesday off, I decided to work. Boy, was that a bad decision! I was at work from 7am to 9:30pm that day because we were so busy. Happy Valentine's Day to me.
I think it's interesting that when we try to make plans for the 'perfect' day/date/event, things inevitably go wrong. Maybe it's just me, but when I feel like I have everything together, that's when everything falls apart! I get so frustrated with the imperfections that I miss the blessings.
So this year, for Valentine's Day (well, really, the day after V-Day...) I'm going to focus on the loves of my life. My husband, who is adorable, funny, and loves me like crazy, even though I'm full of imperfections. My beautiful children who amaze me, challenge me, hug me, make me laugh, and give the best kisses. My God, who has for now blessed me with these. Who loved me before I knew him or loved Him. Who sees my many imperfections as opportunities.
I'm in awe and so thankful.
And you know what? Because I worked and we didn't go out, I got to sleep in the morning. I love sleeping in. Maybe more than going out to eat. :)
So the other day, I wanted to get a picture of the girls with their matching penguin pajamas. It didn't go so well.
Pic #1: Olivia being eaten by the couch
Pic #1: Olivia being eaten by the couch

Pic #2, let's try sitting on the floor: Gigi is yelling, "I love penguins!", Maya is hysterically crying because she doesn't want to sit on the floor and she keeps saying "Stop talking Gigi! Stop talking!"
Pic #3: "Girls! Look at Mama! Not baby O!"
Pic #4: Olivia is done with picture taking. And her shirt is soaked with drool.
I almost feel like I need to drug them up with Benadryl in order to get a good picture. Sheesh.


Pic #3: "Girls! Look at Mama! Not baby O!"

Pic #4: Olivia is done with picture taking. And her shirt is soaked with drool.

I almost feel like I need to drug them up with Benadryl in order to get a good picture. Sheesh.

1 comment:
Oh.my.goodness! Pajama cuteness alert!
Post a Comment