My girls each received some amazing gifts for Christmas. We are incredibly blessed to have such generous people in our family who love our girls.
Certain toys and books have really survived the test of time. It's over a month past Christmas, so now is the time to see what toys are still being played with and loved.
My mom (Mimi, to the girls) bought Olivia one of the cutest toys I've seen in a long time. She got Violet, an adorable stuffed puppy made by LeapFrog.
Violet on Amazon.com
Certain toys and books have really survived the test of time. It's over a month past Christmas, so now is the time to see what toys are still being played with and loved.
My mom (Mimi, to the girls) bought Olivia one of the cutest toys I've seen in a long time. She got Violet, an adorable stuffed puppy made by LeapFrog.

Violet on Amazon.com
Violet is awesome because you plug her into the computer and you can program the dog to say your child's name. You choose what songs she plays and your child's favorite color, food, and animal.
So, for example, our Violet says, "I love you, Olivia" and "Can I have a hug, Olivia?" and sings a song that spells Olivia's name. Right now, we have Violet programmed to say that she likes butterflies, the color purple, and macaroni and cheese.
Violet also has a button you push to turn on bedtime music. You choose on the website what songs/lullabies you want, and you can have it play 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes of bedtime music. I really like this feature, because Olivia seems to really relax and go to sleep if she hears some music.
The twins (almost 3 years old) also love Violet. They play with her frequently, but I wouldn't buy one for their ages. I think soon they will get tired of Violet because she doesn't interact with them as much as some of their other toys.
I found the internet site to change Violet's settings very easy to use. There are instructions that tell you step by step how to program the dog.
So there you go. Violet (and Scout, her male counterpart) is really a great toy for a baby. I'm really impressed with Violet and I think Olivia will love her for a long time.
On a side note, the twins can't say violet very well, so they call her "Violent".
Overheard this morning: "I'm going to get Olivia her Violent Doggy". Haha!
So, for example, our Violet says, "I love you, Olivia" and "Can I have a hug, Olivia?" and sings a song that spells Olivia's name. Right now, we have Violet programmed to say that she likes butterflies, the color purple, and macaroni and cheese.
Violet also has a button you push to turn on bedtime music. You choose on the website what songs/lullabies you want, and you can have it play 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes of bedtime music. I really like this feature, because Olivia seems to really relax and go to sleep if she hears some music.
The twins (almost 3 years old) also love Violet. They play with her frequently, but I wouldn't buy one for their ages. I think soon they will get tired of Violet because she doesn't interact with them as much as some of their other toys.
I found the internet site to change Violet's settings very easy to use. There are instructions that tell you step by step how to program the dog.
So there you go. Violet (and Scout, her male counterpart) is really a great toy for a baby. I'm really impressed with Violet and I think Olivia will love her for a long time.
On a side note, the twins can't say violet very well, so they call her "Violent".
Overheard this morning: "I'm going to get Olivia her Violent Doggy". Haha!

3 comments:
We got a Violet for Christmas also. Although it's still in the box, but I did think it was very cool when I saw it. And the girls seemed especially drawn to it.
What I didn't know is that it can say their names. That is both cool and a little creepy.
We have a Violet and a Scout for our girls and they LOVE them! Definitely the coolest toy I've seen in a while. Who would have thought they could make toys you could hook up to the computer and personalize with your child's name and preferences?! Sweet!
Because of your this blog, I bought my kids each one of these for Valentine's Day. I think they will really enjoy something that we can personalize! Thanks for the inspiration, as always!
Post a Comment