Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Park Crazies

When you have twins, people talk to you. And sometimes those people are weird.

We went to the park last week and there was a guy sitting at one of the picnic tables. I always keep a close eye on people who are at the park watching kids, without a kid of their own (especially guys). It's just weird.

So there was this older guy, sitting at the picnic table, watching all the kids play. As we were leaving (one of the twins screaming at the top of her lungs), he says to me

"Are those kids twins?"

I replied, "Yes, they're twins".

"They don't look alike."

"I know, they are fraternal twins."

"Are you sure they are twins?"

Really, buddy? Really? Do you think I don't remember 8 months of carrying two babies? I will admit, the sequence of events that day are still a bit foggy, but I'm pretty darn sure they both came out on the same day. About 12 snarky comments came to mind, but I ended up just saying:

"Yes, I'm sure they're twins...they were both born on the same day."

"Hm. They look different to me...I'm not sure they're twins."

I walked away from the childless park man at this point.
Oy vey.


In other news, I'm excited to start something new on my blog--starting tomorrow! I'm going to start having Whadayaluv Wednesdays--check back to see what it's all about. :)




3 comments:

Deb said...

I saw your comment on my blog! I jumped over to your blog and you had me hooked from the first sentence! I HATE the twin questions, but try to just deal with them politely.

Nicole said...

Jill, Thanks for visiting my blog! This post made me laugh out loud-really! Loved it! I will be back!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Thanks for the giggle!!! I get some pretty WILD comments too...I have a boy and girl, 17 months now. The best one that I get OFTEN is:

"Are they twins?"
Me- "They Sure Are!"

"Boy and Girl?"
Me "They sure are!"

"Are they identical?"
Me- "They sure arn't!"
(But what I really want to say is "Did you miss reproduction 101 basics? Boys and girls CAN NOT be identical" LOL but I don't...I am always polite about it!)

Don't even get me started on the "Natural vs. IVF" question that comes up almost as often...

Thanks again!

Ginger :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...