Sunday, May 15, 2011

Big Girl Beds

A few weeks ago we switched the twins over to their 'big girl beds'.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the switch. When we put them down for a nap or bedtime, they almost always get out of bed. I hear them walking around in their room, which means I have to drag my butt back up the stairs, put them back into bed, and tell them to stay there.
This has been happening about 3 times for each nap/bedtime.

Although I need the exercise the stairs provide, I'm frustrated they aren't obeying. I know Supernanny says you are supposed to sit outside the room until they fall asleep and ensure that they don't get out of bed. This doesn't work when I have to go downstairs to take care of Olivia.

And the twins are sneaky. They listen for me to go down the stairs--then they get out of bed!

If anyone has any magic 'staying in bed tips', please share. It's hard because they are upstairs and they have their best friend in the same room. It's like trying to get two little girls at a sleepover to sleep! They love to stay up and talk, laugh, and sing together--which is cute--but they need their sleep!

Here are some pictures of the new beds and new room--I don't think I ever shared any pictures of their new room (they moved up there about a month before Olivia was born)

Gianna

Maya
New purple room
Not a great picture, but they love their butterflies on the wall

1 comment:

marigold said...

We are fighting the same battles here. Getting up 3 times after putting them in bed seems slightly blissful though. Lyndi has been up more times than I can remember and then has also been getting up in the middle of the night to play the same game. I've used SuperNanny's ideas on just putting her back in bed, but she seems to need slightly stronger encouragement that this isn't a game. We've gone to swats or a time out even (seems odd, but it also seems to have worked a bit). She is warned of the consequences when she is put down so it's not a surprise. We've also started rewarding her for going to nap easily by letting her watch a "mobie" or veggietales after getting up if I didn't have to be in there constantly. Praying for success and a peaceful heart for you through this. It can be so frustrating, but it always seems like the more I get frustrated the more she acts up as she can tell it's getting to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...