Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 28

Yikes. Today was a rough day...one of those days where I feel totally outnumbered by my kiddos.

They were both exhausted by morning nap time, but Gianna refused to sleep.
Maya woke up extremely grumpy and adamantly refused to eat lunch. She sat in her chair and screamed and squirmed and attempted to turn her body around in her high chair. She screamed and sobbed so hard that she puked in her high chair, all over herself, the chair, and the floor.

This is Maya before the puking incident. She is covered in yogurt because she smeared it everywhere.

Gianna was actually crying here, too, but managed a smile just for the camera
Gianna will frequently cry when Maya does, simply because her sister is crying. So both started crying, neither baby ate much for lunch, and I smelled like Maya-puke.

I stripped Maya's clothing off in the dining room and let her run around the living room in her diaper. Aunt Kim just bought the girls new boots for the winter, and apparantly, Maya can put them on all by herself. This is how I found her after cleaning up the puke:


It's like I have my very own NYC naked cowboy.

After this, we settled down a little then took a trip to Wal-Mart. At Wal-Mart, I always get comments from strangers. Normally, these consist of
"How cute! Are they twins?"
"Oh, look! Twins! How old are they?"
and other comments that are nice.

Today, I had a lady first comment on how cute they were, then she asked me,
"Which one is your favorite?"
I wasn't sure what to say. They are both my kids! I love them both, but in all honesty, I DO have a favorite. My favorite child tends to change on a daily basis, just depending on behavior/whining/random kisses and hugs.

But today, after experiencing the crying, puking, whining, hitting, and throwing of snack cups down the aisle at Wal-Mart, I had an answer.
I pointed to my stomach and told that lady that Baby #3 was my favorite for today.

So what am I thankful for today? Bedtimes...quiet...and the fact that each day has its own challenges. I know tomorrow will be different and that makes my heart happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...