Wow...what a great weekend.
I'm going to count Thursday as part of the 'awesome', even though it's not really the weekend. And Friday. Okay, so I've had a great past four days, not just a weekend!
On Thursday night, we had our Back to School event at church. We gave away free haircuts, clothes, a meal, and hygiene items for all the kids. I was blessed to be able to do face painting during the event. It was so much fun...seriously. I've now decided my new career path is in face painting. So if you ever need a face painter, give me a call. I loved it! My specialties included painting whole face Hello Kitty, the local sports mascot (it's a wasp or hornet or something), a whole face batman, and whole face butterflies. The strangest request I had from a kid was for two dancing bananas, one on each side of his head.
On Friday, we went over to someone's house who lives on one of the many beautiful lakes around here. We went for a boat ride, went tubing behind the boat (even the twins went tubing...with us, of course), and played and swam in the water. It was a beautiful day outside and we had so much fun.
Friday night, we had dinner with some friends and played sand volleyball. Due to the fact that I am not the most athletic OR graceful person, it was an interesting game. But we had so much fun! Our children were filthy from playing outside in the dirt and sand. I think the amount of dirt on your child is directly related to how much fun they experienced...the more dirt, the more fun. :)
On Saturday, my mom and sister came up to visit! We went to Anderson's, which is like a huge, amazing petting zoo that is totally free. We had ice cream, came home for a nap, then took my mom out to dinner.
On Sunday, we went to church, grilled burgers, and took naps before my mom and sister had to go home. The saddest thing was the twins after my mom and sister left...they both started crying and crying. When I asked what was wrong, they wailed, "I miss my Mimi and Kim". They were devastated that Mimi and Kim had to leave. Maya informed me that she wanted to go live with Mimi, "Forever or four days". Gigi wanted to know, "why can't Mimi and Kim stay forever? They can sleep with me."
The one thing I did not do this weekend was take pictures. So I'll leave you with some pictures I stole from my sister. Hope you don't mind, Berl! Love you!
The llamas at Anderson's....look at that baby! Adorable! And I need to get the llama Mama's hairstylist's number.
Aw...Olivia was tired. She loves her Mimi.
Ice cream!
The twins with Aunt Kim...they love her.
Maya, waiting for a table at the restaurant. And Gigi, in the background, trying to go swimming.
It was a long day.




No comments:
Post a Comment