In my constant search for food my three toddlers will eat, I found a winner. If you saw my post about what I feed my toddlers (click here), you would notice that we give our kids a lot of quesadillas. They are quick, easy, and cheesy....and I can make a mom friendly one for my lunch.
So here's our favorite.
Pizza + Quesadilla = Pizzadilla
Yum.
I use seasonings on the pizzadillas I make for my girls, but they are used to eating food with lots of seasoning. You can make the pizzadillas with just pepperoni and cheese, if your kids are sensitive to seasonings.
What you need (for 1 pizzadilla):
Non stick spray
Two flour tortilla shells (white or whole wheat or whatever)
Shredded mozzarella cheese, approximately 1 cup
Pepperoni *
Black pepper (optional)
Oregano or Italian Seasoning (optional)
Garlic Powder (optional)
Pizza toppings (optional)
Spray a frying pan with a small amount of non stick spray and place one tortilla in the pan. Don't turn on the stove yet! Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly on the tortilla. Add seasonings to taste, I use just a sprinkle of each seasoning. Top with pepperoni *, then sprinkle the rest of the shredded mozzarella on top of the pepperoni.
Serve with pizza sauce or ranch dressing to dip.
* Pepperoni is super greasy. I am totally grossed out by the orange grease that comes off when you cook pepperoni, so I lay a few paper towels on a paper plate. Put the pepperoni in a single layer on the paper towels and top with another paper towel. Microwave for 40 - 60 seconds. The pepperoni will get crispier the longer you microwave it (I love eating crispy pepperoni). Blot the pepperoni with the paper towels and be grossed out by the amount of grease on the paper towels. :)
Mom Quesadilla Ideas:
Fresh spinach, mushroom, and fresh tomato pizzadilla (my favorite)
Pepperoni, mushroom, and green pepper pizzadilla
Tuna Melt Quesadilla
Lunch meat, cheddar, and veggie Quesadilla
I want to try one with some fresh mozzarella and tomatoes...sounds so yummy!
If you have picky kids, try making them a pizzadilla. And let them help make it...my kids are so much more willing to try new things when they can say, "I made this!".



6 comments:
I saw this on Pinterest and we have had them a couple of times recently too. Sooo good and quick!
I crisp the pepperonis in the skillet, and I'm always grossed out by the enormous amount of grease. Yuck!
My kids will love these thanks for sharing :)
Great idea! I am going to try this with my three-year old niece. (And I like it for me too!)
That is a great idea. Like Pizza...there are so many toppings you could try so the it could be different pizzadilla each time.
: 0 ) Theresa from Capri + 3
Ooo! Love it! Looks like I know what the kids will be eating for lunch tomorrow! Thanks!
Love it. I've been thinking of learning how to make some sort of (can't spell quesedilla) for the girls and this tutorial looks easy and doable.
Post a Comment