Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blog Books


I don't know about you, but my blog is our family's scrapbook.  I'm way too impatient and disorganized for actual scrapbooking, so a blog is perfect for me.  No little stickers, special scissors, or small pieces of paper to litter my dining room floor.  

I've been blogging since I was pregnant with the twins...2008.  That's a long time.  Our family's history and memories are all contained within this blog.  My husband, who likes to be prepared for any and every situation, has been bugging me for a long time to print my blog.

*"What if google goes bankrupt?"
*"What if there is some virus that erases all blogger sites?"
*"What if the apocalypse occurs and the internet ceases to exist?"

*These are not my husband's statements.  They are my personal interpretation of his arguments. :)

Anyways, I would go to the blog printing site, mess around with it, then get busy and never actually order a blog book. I'm the queen of procrastination.  Well, I finally got around to it.  The printing site sent me a 15% off coupon, and I printed two volumes of our blog.  

 The books turned out to be amazing.  Seriously.  My hopes were not super high, but I was totally impressed.  We got the hardcover books because we wanted them to last.  The picture quality was great. You could choose the cover you wanted, choose a picture for the front and back of the book, and even label the book. 

I'm planning on making one book for each year.  I still need to order our 2011 book (procrastination queen), but I'm waiting for a coupon!  The cost per book was between $50 and $70, depending on the number of pages.  I think it was worth it, though...all of those memories and pictures.  You have the option of saving space by condensing the text together, or leaving the blog as is.  I printed my blog as it is on blogger, because I always label pictures.  All the pictures ended up the same size (you can see in the pictures below) but the quality of the pictures is good.  Printing and shipping was super fast.
 

This is one of the books....2010.  Please don't pay attention to our messed up table. It desperately needs to be refinished.


Pages...you  can see the size of all the pictures/text.  I just realized there is a huge twin belly shot in this picture. Yikes.


I really liked this cover...the tree.



My girls love these books.  They like to look at pictures of "baby Maya and baby Gigi"...I'm glad we got the hardcover books!  I'm not sure softcover would last in our house.
Also, why do my children smile with their bottom jaw jutting out?
Do you see how long Maya's hair is?  She said she has Rapunzel hair.


I tried to get Gigi to take a picture with the books for me.  She said no and continued to watch a Leap Frog movie.  When did my children get opinionated and moody?


In case you're wondering, I used Blog2Print to print my blog.   I think there are other sites you can use, but this one worked for me.  It was really easy to use, too.  

Disclaimer:  I was not paid in any way to endorse Blog2Print.  I just had a really good experience with the site.

If you end up using that site to print your blog, will you email me?  If I refer a friend who uses the site to print a blog, I get money off my next blog book.  And I think you get a coupon.  
jills_mail @ yahoo . com

Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney said...

THis is really cool! I didn't know you could do this! Can you send me a referral or whatever you need to do to get credit?

Samantha said...

Great idea, I'll have to look into that!

yettie said...

Yeah, they're a good site. I used them to print my secret infertility and pregnancy blogs before deleting them. I wanted my girls to have the records

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...