I'm a pastor's wife. Because we were in a very small church when we first got married, I served in almost every area within the church. I even helped lead worship occasionally, which I really enjoyed, but I'm not sure the other people in the church enjoyed it!
No matter where I end up serving, I usually enjoy it. But children's ministry has always had a special place in my heart. I love working with the kids. I love hearing them answer questions and learn about a God who loves them. They say some of the funniest things and have so much excitement for life and church.
There are people in the church who have a pretty negative view of children's church.
It's just a babysitting service so the adults can worship.
It's a waste of money, children can't give to the church.
It's pointless. Kids these days don't learn unless it's on a television.
The more I work with children, the more I am convinced that God blesses churches that put an emphasis and priority on children's ministry. Sometimes it's hard...or frustrating...or feels like too much work to really minister to kids. But it's worth it. Trust me.
I wanted to share with you what my twins learned in children's church a few weeks ago. They came home and starting telling me all about Moses and the Red Sea. I was shocked. I've never talked to them about the story of Moses or the Red Sea. I thought they were too young (they just turned 3).
Guess what? They aren't too young. Watch the video...they learned everything there from about 45 minutes in the preschool class at children's church on one Sunday.
Guess what? They aren't too young. Watch the video...they learned everything there from about 45 minutes in the preschool class at children's church on one Sunday.
People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands
on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus
called the children to him and said, “Let the little children
come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to
such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom
of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Luke 18: 15-17
If you teach children, it gets exhausting. But it's so worth it and can be so funny!

6 comments:
oh MY GOODNESS that video is soooooo cute!! You are so right we way underestimate our kids especially their connection with Jesus.
Your girls are adorable! I agree I think children's church is SO important and I love to hear what my kids learn in class. They are listening and learning! Thanks for the encouragement :)
Oh my goodness! There is no way to say how much I loved watching that! Both for the spiritual formation in your girls and for the fact that they are just the cutest children I've seen since mine were little. :) Thank you for making our day (my girls watched it too, and the song must be catchy, because my girls are singing it.)
Love it! We do "little church" with our kids during the school year and I love what they learn. My daughter told me the story of Moses as well. She said there was a baby in a basket and he went down down down down the river. So adorable!
Oh my goodness- they are so cute! I love that you joined a childrens ministry and what they are learning. That video is adorable! They are just the cutest!
Oh my goodness- they are so cute! I love that you joined a childrens ministry and what they are learning. That video is adorable! They are just the cutest!
Post a Comment