Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day and Disappearing

I have not disappeared, friends!  I'm just in the midst of VBS at our church.  It's been so fun already, but I've been so busy, my blog has suffered.

Father's Day was last weekend (I'm sure you were aware...) and I wanted to actually get something for my hubby this year.  I'll be honest, we both suck at gifts.  Gifts are not Brooks' love language...not mine, either. Usually for holidays/anniversaries/special days, we just don't get each other much.  Or, Brooks will stay home with the girls and I'll have a birthday shopping day where I go shopping all by myself.  It's HEAVEN...I love shopping by myself.

But since he is such a good daddy, I decided to put a little effort into this year.  And what I love about him is that even if I had totally forgot about Father's Day, I know he wouldn't have cared.  He's the best.

I drew inspiration from Pinterest for this year's gift (of course...you can find anything on Pinterest).   I cut out big letters D A D, dressed the girls, did their hair, and went outside in the sweltering heat.  I bribed them with candy to smile, hold the letters, and not fight.  In order to get the right pictures, we did three separate photo sessions outside.  It was exhausting. 

 Olivia HATED that A.  She threw it on the ground every time I handed it to her.

Here are the pictures we took.  I put them all in a collage frame for Brooks.  He loved them! Or at least he has been good at pretending. :) 

I had plans to make him cheesecake, too, but you know how life goes.   I'm going to surprise him one day.  I make a good chocolate chip cheesecake!

It's time for me to get back to 60+ screaming children.  Yay, VBS!


 Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love VBS :0 They do not do it hear in the city.....mostly due to insurance and risk. Great Idea with the picture letters. LOVVVVVe it :) I know your husband did to. Have a fun week and hopefully a restful one next;)

Stephen and Michelle said...

Jill, that is SUCH a sweet idea and well worth the effort (even if you still aren't so sure yourself). Those pictures are GREAT.

Stephen and I are neither one gift people either...so I know exactly what you mean :) :) :)
Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...