Saturday was my birthday. I turned the big 3-0. It's weird not being in my twenties. I feel older and wiser. I think once you're 30, you're smarter than people in their 20's. I say this mostly because my husband is still 28 and has been harassing me about being old.
On Saturday, we went on a hot date for my birthday. Okay, to be honest, it wasn't that hot. :) But it was fun! We went out for Mexican food (my favorite!), then went to Meijer and bought diapers (I told you it was hot date), and then went to see the movie Men In Black 3. And we really were living it up...we saw the movie in 3D.
As someone who has exited the movie theater numerous times feeling angry because a movie just wasted two hours of my life, I have to say that Men In Black was decent. It was funny and entertaining. I'm not saying it was the best movie ever or that my life was affected by the deep meaning hidden inside the story, but it was good. And I don't regret seeing it! So there's my movie review...I don't regret seeing it.
Our new church has been keeping us busy! Do you know how difficult it is to get to know around 200 people? Luckily, most people want to get to know the pastor and his family, so we've been blessed to have dinner with people and be invited into quite a few homes. This makes it easier to get to know people, but it has kept us busy and away from home most evenings.
People keep asking me how the girls are adjusting to our new home. They seem to be doing just fine. They like having a playroom upstairs and they love our big yard. They are doing better than expected with having all three of them in the same room. Olivia has been waking up once a night for the past almost 2 weeks (grrr...), but the twins rarely even wake up when she's screaming.
I do, however, feel that our new house may be trying to kill me. A few weeks after we moved here, I stepped on a toy in the living room and hurt my ankle. It hurt so badly and it's still swollen in the evenings. Then, I shut my finger in a cabinet, hit my head on the corner of a cabinet, and stubbed my toe at least once.
Last night, I was carrying Olivia downstairs at 3 a.m. for our nightly snuggle (once again, grrr....) and I slipped on the stairs. My feet went right out from under me and Olivia and I fell down. I turned a little so she would land on me and my shoulder blade hit the stairs hard. Olivia was totally fine. Her forehead hit my cheekbone and she cried a little, but she's fine. My shoulder, however, hurts. Really badly. I have complete range of motion in my shoulder, but it hurts on my shoulder blade, my upper arm, and my clavicle.
Brooks said it's a good thing I didn't break a hip. You know, since I'm 30 and old. Ha.
If you come over to our house, watch out. I think it's dangerous.

6 comments:
I'm so glad you're settling in!! Happy 30th!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend! Sounds like a HOT date to me ;)
Sorry this is late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Jill!!
You are so NOT old! (I turned 30 on Sunday, so I might be a little biased!) : )
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment