I was tagged by Kelly in her recent blog post....so I thought I would play along! You should check out her blog and her cute little boy. :)
Kelly's Blog
Kelly's Blog
Here is what you do:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them they are "tagged"
6. Tag 11 people
11 random things about myself:
1. I like tulips. They're my favorite flower, and my sweet man got me a bunch for no apparent reason. Beautiful.
2. I just made homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Usually I buy frozen meatballs...today I made them from scratch. I'll let you know how they turn out.
3. I don't like my belly button being touched by anyone...even myself.
4. I love sleeping. LOVE IT. And I'm mean in the mornings.
5. I have zero interest in watching sports on television. That includes the superbowl. My spellcheck just informed me that "superbowl" should be capitalized. I refuse.
6. I've been working as a psychiatric nurse for 6 years.
7. I strongly believe too many people are on psychiatric medications. It's probably because of where I work, but it seems like everyone I know is on antidepressants or mood stabilizers or antianxiety meds. Guess what? Life can be depressing...and unstable...and cause anxiety. Medication does not take away the problems, nor does it fix them. (I do realize there are genuine needs for these meds--trust me, I see it all the time on the inpatient unit. I just feel they are over prescribed by physicians who want to 'fix' people and get them out of their hair.) And don't even get me started on Medicaid.
CRASH (that was me, falling off my soapbox.)
8. My dog has destroyed most of the window blinds in my house because she is deathly afraid of our heater. Now THAT is something that needs medication.
9. I want to go back to school someday and get my master's degree. I don't really want to be a nurse practitioner, I think I want to teach nursing. I'll probably wait until all my little squishies are in school.
10. Brooks and I want to adopt someday. We still don't know how we will go about it (domestic, international, foster care), but God has definitely placed that desire in our hearts.
11. I've been reading like crazy on my Nook. Lots of good books! And I even found a new author I like...Diane Chamberlain. She reminds me of Jodi Picoult. I've only read one book (The Midwife's Confession), but I really liked it and it made me want more!
My 11 Answers:
1. Where would you go on your dream vacation? Um...ANY vacation would be a dream! But I would love to go to the beach and lay in the sun, swim in the ocean, and take long walks on the beach at sunset with my handsome husband. And I'd like to bring my kids, a nanny, and a chef. That way I can hang out with my girls and experience the ocean with them...then spend the evenings without them! :)
2. What is your all-time favorite song? This is hard. I really love the song, "I Am" by Nichole Nordeman. Here's a link to a cheesy youtube video of the song: I Am
3. What is your favorite childhood memory? I have a lot of great memories of my childhood because I was blessed with an amazing family. But I remember my turtle, TJ...and going on vacation as a family (I would always get sick)....and going to Redamaks because my Dad loved it...and being at the beach
4. What is your favorite scent? Right now, it's my new bath and body works lotion--Forever Sunshine. It's like a vanilla/apricot/floral smell.
5. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Buying an ornament for my girls each year. And just being around our family.
6. What was the worst haircut you've ever had? Eh, I haven't had too many bad ones because my hair is always long. But I remember my bangs in the 80's...wow. What were you thinking, Mom?!?
7. Who is your favorite celebrity chef? Well, I don't have anything besides basic cable, so I don't watch the food network or anything. But I like Rachael Ray. She seems like someone I would want to be friends with. Oh yeah! And the Pioneer Woman...I love Ree! (Is she a 'celebrity chef'? She's on tv now...)
8. What is the first website you visit each day? Yahoo.com to check my email. Then usually facebook. I'm nosy.
9. What is your favorite thing to cook? Casseroles. Mostly because my husband LOVES casseroles and usually the meal is pretty much all in one dish. And I can make it and clean up the kitchen while it cooks.
10. What is your favorite magazine to read? I guess I'll say Good Housekeeping because that is the only one I ever read.
11. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed? Take out my contacts and brush my teeth!
My 11 Questions:
1. What is your guilty pleasure tv show?
2. What is your favorite place to shop for clothes for you? What about your kids (if you have kids)?
3. If someone gave you a check for $10,000, what would you do with it?
4. What is your favorite body part?
5. What household chore do you dread?
6. Name something on your bucket list.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8. What's your dream job?
9. How do you feel about Christmas cards? Are they getting to be an old tradition?
10. How are your new year's resolutions going?
11. What shampoo do you use?
I am tagging:
Deb
Jennifer
Nancy
Julia
Michelle M
Courtney
Kara
ElisaBeth
Leah
Kresta
Michelle P

1 comment:
These are fun to do! And I love forever sunshine from bath and body works, it smells so good. I loved your 11 answers and random things.
- kelly
Post a Comment