So since I'm so far behind, I thought I would show you our Christmas tree adventure.
This is the first year we actually went into the deep, dark wilderness with our ax and chopped down a snow covered, hauntingly beautiful Christmas tree.
Okay--reality: we went to a Christmas tree farm. But we DID chop it down ourselves! And it wasn't covered in snow, because of this crazy warm weather.
Here we are, starting off our search. My camera was being really strange and all my pictures were a little foggy.
This is the first year we actually went into the deep, dark wilderness with our ax and chopped down a snow covered, hauntingly beautiful Christmas tree.
Okay--reality: we went to a Christmas tree farm. But we DID chop it down ourselves! And it wasn't covered in snow, because of this crazy warm weather.
Here we are, starting off our search. My camera was being really strange and all my pictures were a little foggy.



Gigi kept saying, "Maybe this one, Mama?"
Olivia has on multiple pairs of socks, pants, and shirts in the pictures. Poor thing, she was so fluffy.

Olivia has on multiple pairs of socks, pants, and shirts in the pictures. Poor thing, she was so fluffy.


After looking for what seemed like hours, we finally found 'the one'. It looked significantly smaller out in the field than it did in our house.


So we chopped it down (well, Brooks did) and carried it out (once again, all Brooks).
It was really fun to cut down our own tree. I think we might start a family tradition of picking out our tree and cutting it down each year. :)
The next evening, we decorated the tree. The twins wanted to help with every single aspect of decorating the tree. I was handing out ornaments as quickly as I could, and when I checked to see how the girls were doing with the decorating, I found that Gianna had put about 12 ornaments on one branch! Basically, all our ornaments were on the lower branches.
Brooks and I had to rearrange some ornaments after the girls went to bed. Crazy two year olds. :)
Here's our finished tree. I was going to crop the picture to show just the tree, but then decided I wanted to leave it so I could see more of our house. Someday we won't live here and I want to remember this little home.

It was really fun to cut down our own tree. I think we might start a family tradition of picking out our tree and cutting it down each year. :)
The next evening, we decorated the tree. The twins wanted to help with every single aspect of decorating the tree. I was handing out ornaments as quickly as I could, and when I checked to see how the girls were doing with the decorating, I found that Gianna had put about 12 ornaments on one branch! Basically, all our ornaments were on the lower branches.
Brooks and I had to rearrange some ornaments after the girls went to bed. Crazy two year olds. :)
Here's our finished tree. I was going to crop the picture to show just the tree, but then decided I wanted to leave it so I could see more of our house. Someday we won't live here and I want to remember this little home.
I feel like this was the first year of creating Christmas traditions with our little family. It's the first year the girls are old enough to really enjoy Christmas. So tradition #1: getting a tree together as a family.
I'll share some more of our new traditions as I try to get this blog updated.
I'll share some more of our new traditions as I try to get this blog updated.


No comments:
Post a Comment