Thursday, September 29, 2011

When you're #3....

Olivia is now 6 months old.
At her 6 month check up, we found out she weighs 20 pounds. 20 pounds! What a chunker! Check out those arm rolls and huge thighs!


I adore this child. She is such a sweetheart. When I found out I was pregnant with her, I was worried. I didn't know if I would like her (crazy, I know). I kept thinking that I already had TWO perfect babies...maybe I didn't have enough love for a third. And I worried I would resent her because she would change my relationship with the twins. She was due so close to the twins' birthday and I knew that now Maya and Gigi would not only have to share their birthdays with each other, but with another baby. And what if I didn't bond with her?

My worries were SO unfounded. The minute I saw this little angel, I adored her. I can't even begin to explain how much I love her and I can't imagine our life without her. She brings me so much joy, snuggles, kisses, and laughter. And drool. Can't forget all the drool.

And while she is showered with an overwhelming amount of love from her parents and sisters, I feel a little sad for her. Being baby #3....it's not an easy road to travel.

Here's a little glimpse into her sad, third child life:

  • She only wears hand-me-downs.
  • She has used pacifiers and bottles.
  • I entirely forgot about giving her solid food...oops (we started this week)
  • She doesn't get a lot of tummy time.
  • Her first food was pudding and ice cream. I would have NEVER given the twins sugar when they were this age.
  • She gets put in her swing or bouncy seat frequently...and we forget she's awake.
  • Let's just say baths are not as frequent as the twins had at her age.
  • I take pictures of her when I remember, but the twins still dominate most of the pictures.
  • I worry she might be deaf soon from the girls yelling/squealing so close to her ears.
  • The twins like to try to 'hold' her. Surprisingly, this usually doesn't turn out well.
  • By the time I noticed she had tooth #2, it was halfway in.
  • Brooks and I are constantly checking to make sure we didn't leave her somewhere--she's so quiet. I dread the day we pack up the family and leave her sitting in the house.

Despite all this, she is loved like crazy, which I think covers a multitude of sadness.
:)

Please send sympathy cards addressed to Olivia. She would appreciate some attention.


We love you, Baby O!
(and yes, Maya is wearing a leotard over her plaid shirt...it's how we roll around here)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah @OMGTheresThree said...

It's so hard being the baby :). You have adorable girls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...