Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whadayaluv?

Happy Wednesday!


Sorry, I'm a little late on posting today...it's been one of those days where a nap took precedence over blogging. :)

Today my "whadayaluv" comes to you because of my recent weight loss endeavors. I'm still working out, usually twice a day, with my darling husband.

You know the saying, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?
Well, I'm thinking this might just kill me.

Seriously, though, although I haven't lost much weight, I have noticed a significant increase in my endurance. I actually ran for a 1/4 mile last night without stopping. This probably sounds like the easiest thing in the world to most of you, but for me (running=death), it's a huge deal.(this is a lie)


So here's what I'm loving today...this website:
My Fitness Pal


You sign up and can fill in all your stats...weight, height, goals. Then on a daily basis, you can log in the foods that you eat and your daily exercises. A friend had recommended this website to me years ago, but I just started really using it last week.

Since logging my food, I'm realizing that I'm eating more calories than I should...and I definitely need to cut back on my sugar intake (not a huge surprise, I love sugar!).

There is even a little button you can add to your blog that says how much weight you've lost. I might do this someday, but right now seeing a big fat ZERO every time I look at my blog might make me eat more chocolate. That would probably be counterproductive.

Check it out...see what you think. It's free, you can link up with friends, and there are support boards. I'm not using that stuff yet, but it seems like a good resource.

So what's a fitness tip/website/whatever that you love?
Please share...I need it!

Grab the button and blog about what you love...or just leave a comment to let us know.

Two by Two




Photobucket

1 comment:

Amiee said...

I love running too! Wait....also a lie. My knees just can't take it. I like to "walk briskly", but I haven't done very much of that either lately.

Thanks for the info. I need to check it out :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...