Brooks and I are very pleased to introduce everyone to our two beautiful daughters, Maya and Gianna! They were born on March 31st around 1 pm,
Maya weighed in at 5 lbs, 14 oz and Gianna was 5 lbs, 12 oz.
We think they are beautiful, but we're biased, of course! :)
Maya weighed in at 5 lbs, 14 oz and Gianna was 5 lbs, 12 oz.
We think they are beautiful, but we're biased, of course! :)
We are home now (I've never been so happy to be at home!) and getting settled in. I will be posting more pictures soon, but the ones I have from the hospital didn't turn out too great.
Here's the proud daddy with Maya...
and with Miss Gianna!
Here's what happened that day:I woke up around 2 a.m. on the 31st with terrible back pain--I mean, worse than any back pain I've ever had. I thought maybe I had pulled a muscle or maybe one of the babies was hitting a nerve in my back. The last thing I thought was that I was in labor, so I just moved around all night, attempting to get comfortable. The pain never let up--and my blood pressure started creeping up higher and higher.
Finally, around 10 a.m., I called in to my OB's office and talked to a nurse. I told her what was going on and she called my doctor, who wanted me to go up to the labor and delivery unit to be checked out.
I was having contractions off and on, but compared to the back pain, they weren't even painful. I wasn't able to concentrate on the contractions because of the back pain, so I didn't even know how far apart they were.
Brooks and I packed up quickly and headed up to L&D--we were the ONLY people there! It was nice, we had a lot of attention. They hooked me up to a monitor and saw I was definitely having some contractions, about ever 3-5 minutes. Then my OB came up and found I was dilated to 4. He said I was definitely in labor, and they did an ultrasound to see how the babies were positioned. Maya was head down, but Gigi was transverse, so my OB decided the best route would be a c-section.
They prepped me for the section (it was horrible--I had to get a catheter put in BEFORE my spinal block) and started me on some mag sulfate because my blood pressure was going up. Then we were whisked away, I had my spinal (which was wonderful), and the c-section happened! Brooks was right there with me and saw both babies born. They came out screaming and healthy.
The babies are healthy and I'm doing fine (except for some serious pain--ouch). I'll update more really soon, but for now we are all exhausted and getting used to each other.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and concerns! I promise to put up more pictures soon!
4 comments:
Oh Jill! They are beautiful! Congrats to you and the new Daddy :)
I'm so glad I got to see them Tuesday! Absolutely beautiful children you have Jill ... I know you wouldn't trade them for any amount of wampum! ;)
sounds very similar to my delivery, except i didn't have the labor part..woo hoo. aren't epidurals awesome - but the catheter beforehand i also could have done without :) did you have the same weirdness of delivery that i did where you could feel everything but it didn't hurt? i kinda wanted to see what was going on but now that i think about it, maybe not...
congrats to you and hubby! What beautiful girls you have. Makes me super excited for our day in just 8 shourt weeks. Hoping the adjustments are going smoothly. Praying for healing of your body and plenty of time to enjoy your new blessings...Jessica from PW forum(mom2maria)
Post a Comment