Today the girls turned 4 weeks old. We had an appointment with their pediatrician and found out that Maya now weighs 6 pounds, 13 oz and Gianna is at 6 pounds, 12 oz!
They gained over a pound in 2 weeks!
Knowing that they are gaining weight is wonderful. I always have this fear in the back of my mind that they are not getting enough breast milk and I'm starving them....
now I can relax a little.
I think things are going a little more smoothly around here. The girls are sleeping around 4 to 5 hours at night, which is wonderful! I feel like we are getting into somewhat of a routine, and we've been able to take the girls out during the day and they do great! They seem to love being in their car seats and stroller.
Right now as I type this, they are both in the crib, crying. It's nap time, and I have no idea why they are screaming, but they always seem to fuss and cry a lot in the evening. Since there is nothing wrong (they just ate...no poop or pee....no gas) I'm just letting them cry and typing this blog to keep my mind off the hollering.
Whew...they just stopped crying. Wait. Nope...crying again. Sigh.
They gained over a pound in 2 weeks!
Knowing that they are gaining weight is wonderful. I always have this fear in the back of my mind that they are not getting enough breast milk and I'm starving them....
now I can relax a little.
I think things are going a little more smoothly around here. The girls are sleeping around 4 to 5 hours at night, which is wonderful! I feel like we are getting into somewhat of a routine, and we've been able to take the girls out during the day and they do great! They seem to love being in their car seats and stroller.
Right now as I type this, they are both in the crib, crying. It's nap time, and I have no idea why they are screaming, but they always seem to fuss and cry a lot in the evening. Since there is nothing wrong (they just ate...no poop or pee....no gas) I'm just letting them cry and typing this blog to keep my mind off the hollering.
Whew...they just stopped crying. Wait. Nope...crying again. Sigh.
Here's some recent pictures for your viewing pleasure:
We took the girls for their first walk by the river. They slept the whole time, but I'm sure they loved it.
Maya yawning and stretching in the morning

My beautiful Norah. She never cries.
Bethany, I forgot to answer your question about Norah!
Norah really likes the babies. We are teaching her to tell them apart, so we ask her "Norah, where's Gigi?" and she'll find the right baby! She also likes the check on them when they are in the crib. I'll try to get a picture of her looking in the crib.
This is how we do laundry now.

Maya's chubby face

Gigi...contemplating life

4 weeks old...getting so big!


(I just realized that in black and white, these outfits make the girls look like they are in prison....please note: the girls have had no run-ins with the law.)
I never know how to end a blog post. Take your pick!
Thanks for reading!
The end!
That's all, folks!
Thanks for reading!
The end!
That's all, folks!
4 comments:
We love reading your blog. The girls are beautiful!! You always capture such great real life action shots! About them fussing in the evening, my kids all had a fussy time in the evening right around supper time. I remember living at home, when Ben was a baby. He would be sound asleep, and as soon as my mom announced that dinner was ready, he would wake up screaming. Neadless to say, it was a while before I got to eat a hot meal, or get to eat with Ben not sitting on my lap!
They sleep 4-5 hours a night???!!!! WOW! They're doing REALLY well. It took Andrew awhile to work up to that. By 3 1/2 months he was sleeping through the night at least!
Thank you for your blog--it brings back so many memories! Love you guys!
i love my nieces, they are so cute! pictures don't do them justice! also, glad you didn't put the picture of me on the walk, i looked at it and it was not pretty! :-) love you all!
I forgot to mention...evenings were a bad time for us too! They didn't really grow out of "crab-o-clock" until they were almost a year old. It's hard to let them cry though, isn't it! But it seems to be working! 4-5 hours is awesome. By 3 months they should be sleeping through the night!!!
Post a Comment