Tuesday, April 7, 2009

1 Week Old!

The twins are officially one week old today! I can't believe it has been only a week--it feels like we have had them forever. I think that is because I've had them in my heart and belly for such a long time.
Maya (left) and Gianna(right)

We had our one week check up today. Maya is now weighing 5lbs 7oz, and Gianna (we call her Gigi) is 5lbs 1oz. They have both gained weight since we left the hospital, although Gigi has only gained one pound. The pediatrician was happy with how they are doing and we go back next week, just to make sure the weight is still coming on. Our pediatrician also said Maya's bilirubin is fine and we don't have to worry about jaundice anymore.

Brooks and I feel so blessed by our beautiful girls--
God has been so good to us!



Shelley (Brooks' mom) has been here with us the past few days helping out. She has been a tremendous help and I'm so thankful for her presence. My mom and sister are coming this weekend for Easter, and hopefully we will be bringing the babies to church for the first time (just no touching the babies without sanitizing the hands!).


This picture is for Uncle Micah. Gigi is practicing sitting Indian style.
Maya
Gigi
Gianna's profile
Gianna
Maya's little foot and Daddy's hand
Yikes! Not a very good family picture, but I just woke up from a nap...and Gigi was not happy about having her picture taken!

Grandma Shelley

Grandpa Frank
Morning time with Daddy (and Norah, of course!)

For those of you asking about me, I thank you for your prayers! I'm doing pretty well (I think). Still having a lot of pain from the incision and back pain. I'm just very tired right now and I'm trying to sleep when they sleep. Besides those things, I feel like I'm on top of the world!

Wait...I do have one other big complaint.

My feet/ankles/calves are STILL huge and swollen. Unbelievable! There was snow on the ground this morning and I had to wear flip flops because nothing else would fit my fat feet!

If anyone has any advice on this, I'm willing to try almost anything. I wonder if the river behind our house has leeches? hmm....



Happy birthday to Ellie Jane Fisk! Congrats to Doni, Jeremy, and Ava!

11 comments:

the Momma Bird said...

Awe! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! So glad to hear that the girls are growing and that they are healthy! Just keep up with that rest :) You look amazing!!! :) Can't wait to see these little girls grow up :)

aunt kim said...

aw, my babies! i can't wait to see them again. love the new pictures!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable family you guys are!

Christina Estes said...

They are beautiful! I love the names...especially Maya but I'm a little partial to that name because we call Amaya "maya".

I should have my little one by Monday at the latest! I can't wait. I am savoring the days like today when it's 8:15 and Amaya is still sleeping! I will miss my sleep:)

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are going so well for ya! Keep yourself rested and fed so you can keep feeding those babies. I had trouble with that and was only able to nurse for 2 weeks. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did! As for your feet, I had the same problem! Lots of cold water soaks and keeping your feet up will help(impossible, i know). Also, foot massages (hint, hint Brooks) help get that ickiness out. Good luck! If you're ever in the Chesterton area I'd LOVE to see you guys!

Deana (SufficientGrace) said...

They are so sweet! Congrats Jill! I can't believe how tiny they are! :) As for the still-swollen ankles/feet, I had that too, it'll go away in time. Just all that excess fluid your body's still retaining. Those lovely night sweats do serve a purpose... :P

Unknown said...

aw honey...the swelling goes down after a few weeks. unfortunately, the nurses told me that all that extra fluid pushes to your extremities after delivering, so sometimes they get even more swollen. hang in there...it goes down and suddenly your ankles seem so slender and sexy. ;) your little girls are beautiful. i cannot imagine how exhausted you have to be as your day is probably nothing but feedings. love u

Sweet Little Lovings said...

they so little... I remember when Hannah was that little and it was only a short 5 months ago. Oh how time flies! Enjoy this time... and take LOTS of photos! :o)

Dawn said...

Love the pics! The girls look like they think that they are still in your belly, Jill. The way that they have their legs and arms all curled up is adorable. A couple of comments about the pics from my girls: Bethany wants to know how Nora is liking her new little sisters? And Brianna says that (and I quote) Brooks looks like he is drunk. (talking about the pic of Brooks, the girls and Nora in the chair. I am not sure how she knows what a drunk person looks like.

Trisha said...

Congrats to you both! Could they be any more precious and beautiful?! I hope you are adjusting and your first night alone went well. Keep those pictures and updates coming (when you are not busy of course)!! :)

Trisha

ashley said...

hi! i didn't have twins but i did have excessive swelling in my feet and up to my calves when i was pregnant with my baby girl (who is now 8 weeks). i delivered via c-section after 24 hours of labor and it seemed like my swelling was worse afterwards, i think from all the extra fluids i was given. i promise the swelling does go away and you think your feet and legs have never looked so good! i asked my doctor for a diuretic and that also seemed to help make the swelling go down a bit faster. good luck with your beautiful baby girls! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...