Today we had the privilege of bringing the girls to church for the first time!
We were excited to have our church family meet them for the first time, and the girls did pretty well, except that Gigi started crying a little. It was great to be in church, celebrating the Resurrection.
Here's some pictures from this morning:
Our first family Easter picture!
Grandma and her girls
Aunt Kim...she did a great job picking out dresses!

We are tired. :)
My dad was on my mind a lot today...it was our first holiday without him, and I was missing him. I know he loved these little girls so much, even though he never officially met them. I just miss him so much...
My mom and sister came Saturday morning to spend the weekend with us. It was wonderful--Brooks and I actually left the girls with them on Saturday evening and we went shopping and picked up some dinner for everyone. I was worried that I would stress out about leaving the girls, but I did fine. I was just so thankful to get out of the house for a few hours!
The girls are doing well (I hope!). They are eating all the time and I KNOW Maya has been gaining a lot of weight. I'm not sure about Gianna--she still looks and feels so tiny. I've been worrying about her a bit, but I'm hoping she just looks tiny compared with Maya.
Here's Gigi...saying hi!

Here's some cute Maya pictures...they both make the cutest expressions sometimes, but I was finally able to catch Maya in the act!






We have a doctor's appointment Tuesday for the girls, so we will find out officially how the weight gain has been going.
I'm doing pretty well, just really tired. Since I nurse the girls every 3 hours, I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep in a row since they were born (2 weeks on Tuesday). I need to start using my breast pump, but I have this weird fear that they will like bottles more than me and not want to nurse anymore. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm tired and not too rational.
I'm still having pain to my incision from the c-section, which I HOPE is normal after two weeks. The pain is definitely better, just still there, especially when I have to stand for a while.
Good news! My feet/ankles are getting back to normal! I'm so happy--Brooks has been rubbing my feet all the time, and I think it really helped (thanks for the hint, Lisa!). Now I can fit into shoes other than my flip flops!!
And finally...to end this terribly long blog update, here is the awesome growth chart Aunt Kim got for the babies! It matches perfectly--she had someone make it for them! It has Maya's name on the bottom, but it is curled up a bit, I need to stick it to the wall.

We were excited to have our church family meet them for the first time, and the girls did pretty well, except that Gigi started crying a little. It was great to be in church, celebrating the Resurrection.
Here's some pictures from this morning:
Our first family Easter picture!
Grandma and her girls
Aunt Kim...she did a great job picking out dresses!
We are tired. :)
My dad was on my mind a lot today...it was our first holiday without him, and I was missing him. I know he loved these little girls so much, even though he never officially met them. I just miss him so much...
My mom and sister came Saturday morning to spend the weekend with us. It was wonderful--Brooks and I actually left the girls with them on Saturday evening and we went shopping and picked up some dinner for everyone. I was worried that I would stress out about leaving the girls, but I did fine. I was just so thankful to get out of the house for a few hours!
The girls are doing well (I hope!). They are eating all the time and I KNOW Maya has been gaining a lot of weight. I'm not sure about Gianna--she still looks and feels so tiny. I've been worrying about her a bit, but I'm hoping she just looks tiny compared with Maya.
Here's Gigi...saying hi!
Here's some cute Maya pictures...they both make the cutest expressions sometimes, but I was finally able to catch Maya in the act!
We have a doctor's appointment Tuesday for the girls, so we will find out officially how the weight gain has been going.
I'm doing pretty well, just really tired. Since I nurse the girls every 3 hours, I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep in a row since they were born (2 weeks on Tuesday). I need to start using my breast pump, but I have this weird fear that they will like bottles more than me and not want to nurse anymore. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm tired and not too rational.
I'm still having pain to my incision from the c-section, which I HOPE is normal after two weeks. The pain is definitely better, just still there, especially when I have to stand for a while.
Good news! My feet/ankles are getting back to normal! I'm so happy--Brooks has been rubbing my feet all the time, and I think it really helped (thanks for the hint, Lisa!). Now I can fit into shoes other than my flip flops!!
And finally...to end this terribly long blog update, here is the awesome growth chart Aunt Kim got for the babies! It matches perfectly--she had someone make it for them! It has Maya's name on the bottom, but it is curled up a bit, I need to stick it to the wall.
8 comments:
I love those dresses! They're beautiful! I'm glad everything's going well. Your sanity should slowly return ;) Use that pump!
one more thing - don't worry about Gigi! Lilly was such a dink compared to Jr. (she got down to just over 4 lbs a week after she was born from 5lbs 10oz.) but she's totally healthy!
just feed the babies pizza. they'll love it.
The pain from the incision is totally normal...I remember at my six week appt I could still feel some tenderness. And I'm so proud of you for sticking to nursing, especially with TWO! You are a trooper girl!
They both look beautiful! Glad you were able to take them for Easter Sunday, makes it extra special! lol Love you guys
What little pretties! Your pain is totally normal. I had two c-sections and it took a while to heal (especially with the first one).
And use the pump. Babies are smart little things...plus nothing beats Mommy, especially since you've been nursing them for 2 weeks. You need a break, girl! And it really will be a wonderful experience for Brooks to feed them every now and then. Sam loves feeding Agatha when he gets the chance.
Hey Jill! Congrats on your little girls, they are so precious!! :)
I was thinking about what you said about being so tired and nursing. If you have a boppy or any other nursing friendly pillow, try the football hold with one and once you get a good latch, have Brooks bring you the other and latch her on in the football hold on the other side. It may take some practice at first, but I found this the easiest hold for when they are super small. Both of my boys were preemies, 4lbs 6oz and 5lbs 1oz.
Also, you could feed one on one side and pump at the same time on the other. That way Brooks can feed one of the girls while you nurse the other. At the next feeding, just switch who gets the bottle and who nurses. Hang in there mama, it gets easier!! :)
So I read through your comments and you already got great advice about pumping and nursing. Believe me, they're not going to like a bottle better than the real thing. You're amazing! Are things beginning to settle down at all that I could come visit sometime in the next couple weeks. If not, please be honest w/ me. I don't want to just be added stress. :) Love u guys!
Post a Comment