As promised, here are some new pictures of our precious girls.
Maya
Aunt Kim holding both girls--Gigi on the left, Maya on the right
Sleeping in their crib together
Here's Gianna...she is the feisty one...always looking around
Maya and Gigi going for their lab draws this morning

Here's Maya...this is from when we were in the hospital.

We had to take them back to the hospital this morning for some lab work--their bilirubin levels when we were discharged yesterday were slightly elevated, so our pediatrician wanted us to have them drawn again this morning. Poor babies...not a fun first outing! But they did great, and the best news is that their levels are going down and we don't have to do anything more for Gianna, but Maya has to be checked again Monday morning, just to be on the safe side.
Maya
Aunt Kim holding both girls--Gigi on the left, Maya on the right
Sleeping in their crib together
Here's Gianna...she is the feisty one...always looking around
Maya and Gigi going for their lab draws this morning
Here's Maya...this is from when we were in the hospital.
We had to take them back to the hospital this morning for some lab work--their bilirubin levels when we were discharged yesterday were slightly elevated, so our pediatrician wanted us to have them drawn again this morning. Poor babies...not a fun first outing! But they did great, and the best news is that their levels are going down and we don't have to do anything more for Gianna, but Maya has to be checked again Monday morning, just to be on the safe side.
Here are some quick answers to some frequently asked questions lately:
Are they sleeping in the same crib?
Yes, they are in the same crib for now. It looks huge right now and there is PLENTY of room!
Are they sleeping?
Um....I believe they are making an effort. But we haven't had much sleep at all lately--last night was especially rough because Maya (who has been the good sleeper) was up all night, really uncomfortable. We found out today she was constipated and now that problem has been 'worked out'...so hopefully tonight we can sleep.
How is breastfeeding going?
Actually, very well!! My milk finally came in yesterday, and since then they have been feeding really well. We still haven't been able to tandem feed them (which is the ultimate goal--it takes too long to feed one at a time) but I think it's just too early. They are really floppy and little. It is hard, though, because it has been taking almost 1 to 1 1/2 hours to feed them--and they are supposed to eat every 3 hours. Makes for a busy me...and not much sleep.
Do you need help with anything or need anything?
We are doing pretty well right now. My mom was here Friday to help, and now my wonderful sister is spending the weekend here and has been a huge help. Shelley is coming tomorrow night to stay for a few days. I think we are okay for now...but if you really want to help, keep asking and I'll think of something! :)
I am madly in love with these girls...they make all my pregnancy and pain worth every second!
5 comments:
They're beautiful! Congrats to the happy parents! :o)
How precious! I just love them and the pics! I just I will just have to make another trip down for another visit. Kisses and tiny squeezes!!!!!!!!!
Love you all! Grandma
First off, you guys make very cute babies! :) Congratulations on them.
Second, My wife (Abby) has a great uncle named George Cecil who is someone I believe you know. Anyway, he told us to check out your blog. I started scrolling through and then I saw a picture of Brooks and had an "Aha!" moment. Jill, I don't know if you remember me, but I know Brooks will. It's Jason Barton from Indiana Wesleyan. Abby had identical twins in January (3 months premature). George left a message on our blog to check out yours.
What a small world. If you want to see how things have gone with us, the site is www.carepages.com/the_barton_miracles
They're still in the hospital even today, but they should be coming home later this month. Their due date was April 26th.
Congrats again to you guys. I know exactly how blessed you feel! ;)
Congratulations Jill & Brooks! Beautiful girls and beautiful names!
Congratulations!!! Your girls are beautiful!! Thanks for all the updates :)
Post a Comment