Monday, May 21, 2012

Worms


 Maya loves animals.  She's one of those kids who seems to be fearless around animals and will stick her little hand into any cage with any animal. She loves our dog, adores cats (although they seldom adore her), and wants to take every animal home with us.

Lately, however, she has branched out from 'typical' animals.  She has a new love.  
Bugs and worms.

I have no clue where this came from and honestly, if she didn't look so much like my side of the family, I would start to question where this child came from.  I hate creepy crawly things, spiders being on the top of my 'list of horrors'.  But Maya?  Nope, they don't bother her.  Yesterday I found her playing with a spider in the bathroom.  And she loves to turn over rocks and hold the roly-polys (I don't know if that is the technical term for those little bugs...).  She plays with ants and ladybugs like it's her job.  But her favorite?  Worms.

We're planning to start a garden here at our new house, and Maya is so excited.  Not about growing plants.  Not about eating from our garden. No, she is excited about the worms.  Yesterday, she said, "Mom, worms live in gardens!  I want to hold them all!". 

I've gone outside with our garden claw several times and turned over some dirt for her so she could find some worms to play with.  She loves it.  She talks to the worms like they are her babies and she's so gentle. Seriously, whose kid is this?

 Here are some worm pictures we took right before moving.  Poor worms.


Gianna is interested in the worms, but does NOT want to touch them!


Maya's "babies"

No worms for Olivia.  She just enjoys sitting in the dirt.  And losing shoes.
 

You know how they have ant houses?  I wonder if there is such a thing as a worm house...Maya would love it. :)

 Photobucket


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yuck that is to funny. Mabey get her one of those backyard habitats in a box! We had one and the kids keep quite a few different bugs in there. they would live for a day or two and then die or escape YICKS;/ Well she would be good a fishing!

Unknown said...

It is fun to see insects and worms through the eyes of your kids. Ours have not met worms yet...but I do vermicomposting (where you feed worms your household scraps and then add the compost to your garden.) That might be a fun addition to your garden as worms are Maya's babies right now. Thank you for linking to Multiples Monday on Capri + 3. I hope you will stop by each week to add a link.

: 0 ) Theresa

Unknown said...

Found you on Capri + 3. I am a mom of twin girls (fraternal) who are 10 months. One of my daughters is name...you guessed it MYA, just spelled differently. We look forward in reading more.


Blog: Preemietwinsandme.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/preemietwinsandme
Twitter: @preemietwinsme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...