Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving and Unpacking and Chaos....OH MY!

 I have internet!

Seriously, we've been without internet for about a week, and I thought I was going crazy.  I felt disconnected and alone...I'm so happy to be back!  Although, I'm a little worried I may be addicted to the internet.  How do people find out the weather without the internet? Decorate their homes? Find out why their new washing machine isn't working?  Find the nearest library?  Find directions to that library?

I might be slightly addicted.  I'll be considering a 12 step program in my near future, but for now, I'm enjoying the binge. 

So we are here!  We are in Michigan, in our new house.  The last few days have been exhausting.  This past Sunday was our first Sunday here.  It was a great day, although #2 pooped all over herself and #3 spit up nasty milk on her dress.  Then one of my dear daughters decided to take off her undies and run through the church holding her dress up. Twice. So much for first impressions!

People keep asking me how the unpacking is going....well, it's not too bad.  The kitchen is unpacked (although I need to rearrange some things).  The living room is somewhat finished.  The girls' room is a work in progress.  And our room?  Well, we don't have a closet.  So that's a challenge.  I'm trying to figure out how to make 2 shelves into a closet.

Our new house is pretty nice.  It's definitely a parsonage (if you are a fellow PW, you know what I mean by that).  We need to put up curtains, paint, and do some fixer upper jobs.  Please don't think I'm complaining, though.  It's a lovely home and we feel very blessed to have it.

Anyways, I'll update more soon.  I want to take some before and after pictures of our home, and I want to blog about the people we are missing the most from Indiana (I want my girls to remember).

Here are some pictures of our church (definitely not a traditional church building...I love that)

And, here's the outside of our new home.  The front...

...and back.
   

I wanted to leave you with the verse that is on my heart right now. 
 
"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

I definitely need to have my conversations with my little girls be full of grace....let's just say that peeing on the floor three times and an open bottle of blue nail polish equals an angry momma.  My grace was lacking this morning.  :(
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill I have missed you! I am happy to get an update. I love the new church we are in a non traditional building also. How exciting to start fresh. The house looks awesome, but then again we live in La where the houses are tiny on tiny pieces of property. I am really excited to hear more updates. LOL about the internet, I would be lost without mine also :)

Danae said...

Hooray for the internet! It's amazing how connected I am every day.

I can understand how multiple accidents and open nail polish can bring out angry mommy. You are trying hard, so be sure to remember that even when you aren't as patient with your girls as you wish to be. (Although I could use this reminder as well... Such is life!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...