I need to admit something. I'm not a perfect mom. I'm very far from it, and today was proof of that. Today was a major Bad Mom Day.
Here was my day: one sick 3 yr old, another 3 yr old who is having serious issues with listening and obeying, a whiny 1 yr old who is constantly following me around wanting to be held. Add to that a serious lack of sleep on my part, plus the general chaos that comes with moving (boxes all over, no clue where Tangled is--which is a catastrophe in our home). When all that comes together, it equals a Bad Mom Day.
Today I've yelled, threatened, and not been nice at times. All things I hate doing. My girls have watched way too much television today, but I feel like it was one of my only coping skills to get through the day. The bathroom rug was pooped on, milk was spilled all over the kitchen floor, one girl went pee in the potty WITH her shorts still up, I've had to fight the twins to eat at every. single. meal and there is food all over the dining room floor because Olivia has been throwing tantrums during meal times. The girls are extra frustrated because we haven't been able to go outside and play because someone has been sick every day.
I know there will be a time in my life when I miss these days when my girls are little. Today will NOT be one of those days I will miss! I'm getting these kids to bed as soon as possible tonight...Momma is exhausted.

5 comments:
Oh Jill I know those days. I am saying a prayer that tomorrow will be better!
(BIG HUGS)
You are not alone! I had a terrible night Monday night while trying to get my girls to go to bed. There was WAY too much yelling and it only made us all even more upset. Thankfully, children have forgiving little hearts and last night was so much better for all of us.
Hope your day is much better today!!
Here's to hoping you have a better day! I hate those days when everything is going wrong and you're way too harsh on the kids, we all have those days! Hope everything gets better!!!
Hi Jill! I am new to your blog but had to comment on this post...it really sounds like my day today! I have five kids and three of them are currently sick. The baby is crawling around and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth and my only other healthy child is whining, which I am sure is just a prelude to her getting sick as well. :) Anyway, just wanted to say "hang in there Mommy". This too shall pass.
Hope you got some rest! I know how hard these days are...
Post a Comment