I'm now officially a stay at home mom. Since we've been here in Michigan for a few weeks, I feel like I'm finally starting to realize that I don't have to go to work. It's strange. The twins keep asking me if I have to go to work, and they get excited each time I tell them that Momma isn't going to work in Michigan.
So far, I've loved being at home. I like knowing what my girls are doing each day. I like having days where I don't have to wear "real pants" (yoga pants are not real pants, apparently). I like doing crafts and playing games and puzzles with my girls. I like not getting up at 5 in the morning to get ready for work.
Being at home is hard, though. I feel like I've lost a part of who I am. I'm not Jill the nurse anymore....I'm just Momma. I'm the one who deals with the girls all day long. I feel like right now, being a SAHM is a mental struggle. I have to change my mindset and change the expectations I have for myself. I have to get used to not having the challenges and social interactions of a work environment. It just feels weird right now.
I'm looking forward to a routine. Because everything is still so new here, we don't have a set routine. We're trying to get to know a few hundred people in the church, so we've been gone frequently in the evenings. Our house is still not totally unpacked, the garage desperately needs cleaned/organized, and pictures need to be hung. Right now, our house doesn't feel like home, and it doesn't feel relaxing. But I know that will change.
So right now, I think I'm just processing all the changes. The move, staying at home, new community, new church, a new role. It's a lot of changes, but I think they're good changes.
Alright, I'm done with my random ramblings. Here's a few pictures of the girls with my mom. She came down on Mother's Day weekend and I forgot to put these pictures up. We love you, Mimi!
Maya, Mimi, and Gianna
Gianna and Mimi going for a ride...I think Gigi said she was driving to McDonald's
Poor Olivia! In this picture, she was sick and had a fever. On top of the fever, she fell and smacked her forehead on the floor. She had a big bruise for days. Poor baby.

3 comments:
What a blessing to have your mother with you for Mother's Day weekend! I bet that was a special time. And I know it's so hard to get settled into a new home, town, church, and routine. So many new things, but it will all come together :) Praying for peace in the process for you today :)
I can understand the adjustment, well not really I have always been a SAHM. However I know the felling of loneliness wanting some adults to talk to:) I know your girls are loving it! Gosh I can not imagine all the changes your are having to adjust to new home, new city, new people, new career :) OK, I am saying a prayer for you now! Your doing a good job :)
Jill oh Jill. You couldn't have said it better. When we moved to the UK I felt the EXACT same way! Lucas was just 3 months old and Cohen was 18 months and we were getting into the "dark days" of sunlight from only 9am-330pm. I was no longer a 'teacher' and I didn't know anyone! It was awful. I remember every day telling Jesse that I didn't think I was cut out for this whole SAHM thing. I kept feeling like I wasn't a person, I was just the "mom" and I did NOT like feeling as if I wasn't "someone". After LOTS of prayer and finding that I wasn't alone in my thoughts through blogging things started to take a turn up. Try to find something to do that's just for you - I promise it will make a load of difference. If you ever need to vent - let me know! I'm around!!
Post a Comment