Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pictures


As you may know, we recently moved.  It was hard to leave our friends in Indiana, especially our church family.  We tried to get together and say goodbye to most people, but I still wish there were others we could have spent more time with.

The girls especially miss their friend Bre, who was born just a few weeks before the twins.  We got together almost weekly for a little play date.  They miss the library and toddler reading time, and they miss their friends at church.  Occasionally, they will ask me a question about people from Indiana.

"Momma, where does Kevin live?"
"I want to see Abi and Axl."
"Let's go to our Indiana church today."
"Can we go to McDonald's with Bre-Bre?"
"I'm playing the guitar like Joe.  Remember our tall friend Joe, Momma?"
"Remember the library, Momma?  I want some princess books from the library.  Remember the toys?"
"Can Abby and Kiki come play with us?"

I think they are definitely starting to process the fact that we aren't living where we used to live.  And I think they are doing okay.  I keep explaining that we are in our new house, in Michigan.  They actually think the house IS Michigan.

We were walking home from church the other day and they could see our house.  I heard Gigi pipe up and say, "Look, Maya! I see Michigan!".  It's really hard to explain what a state is to a toddler.  The pronounce Michigan like this: Mish-HE-gan

Today we started looking at some of these pictures, so the girls could see some of their friends from Indiana.  It makes me sad that they are missing people, but I know they will have fun making new friends.  There seem to be tons of 3 yr olds in our new church.
 
Anyways, here's some pictures from our last few days in Indiana and our last days at our old church.  We miss you guys!


The girls with Lindsey at Mi Camino Real


The girls with Kevin, one of their favorite people.  They think Kevin is one of the coolest adults ever.
  

At the library for the last time, hanging out with Felicia and Bre

These pictures were from our last Sunday at The Bridge Community Church.
  
  
 Why is the lighting inside old churches so horrible?  I feel bad for all those wedding photographers!


And in case you're wondering, the girls seem to be feeling better today.  I think we are almost done with sickness in our house!  Thank you, God!  Last night I slept all night long.  It was heavenly.

And on a totally unrelated note, anyone else having trouble with pictures in the new blogger post editor thing?  I need to work with it a little more...it just seems hard to work with right now.
 Photobucket

3 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

Yes, adjusting/moving can be really hard. I was sooo glad we moved while the kids were little (Titus was 4 and Damaris was 2). I made a little memory book for them to look at with all our friends and family in Indiana. They adjusted well after a while...but I think it was because they forgot (mainly Damaris) about Indiana...which is sad too. Titus still remembers the main people and main events, but Damaris remembers nothing, really. Good and bad all in one, you know?

When do you think you would be up to coming for dinner??? I don't want to rush you, but we are looking forward to it already! :)
Michelle

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear everyone is felling better! I love the sweet pictures :) What are your problems with pics? Email me if you need help teshapapik@yahoo.com :)

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Leaving a church you love is definitely one of the hardest things to do. We only moved an hour from ours. But it is still difficult. We still drive in as often as possible. Still, it's not the same as going all the time because it was just 5 minutes away before. I can't imagine moving to a new state.
However, making new friends would be fun. I've never moved states before. I have to use my imagination on that one!
B

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...