Monday, May 28, 2012

Animals!

Today I'm linking up with Multiples Monday!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!


multiples monday with capri +3


 On Mother's Day weekend, my mom came up for a visit.   We took the girls to the coolest place.  It was like a farm/zoo/ice cream shop/gift shop.  It's called Anderson and Girls and we had a great time with the twins.  And the best part?  The animals and zoo area was free to get in! 

Poor Olivia was sick that weekend, so she stayed home with Daddy.  I've been wanting to post these pictures for a few weeks now, but time just gets away from me.  

I have to admit...I'm a sucker for animals.  I love zoos and anything that involves contact and interaction with animals.  Maya definitely feels the same way. She's fearless around animals and wants to pet and touch all of them. Gianna is a little more reserved and shy around the animals.  She likes to look at them and watch Maya touch them, but she doesn't want to touch them herself.

Maya, feeding a goat

This was Gianna's favorite part....putting the quarter in the machine and getting out the food.  Now, she didn't feed the animals the food, she just wanted to get it out! Ha!

This was cool....we had popsicle sticks with peanut butter and seeds on them.  The birds would land on the stick while you were holding it and eat the seeds.  It was awesome!


Tunnels kids could walk through....there was a big slide, too



This camel was my all time favorite!  He was so friendly and cute.  Maya loves this picture because she says the camel was trying to kiss her!  I think he was.  My mom wouldn't go near the camels because she thought they would spit on her!  Ha!


A real boat AND a real firetruck for the kids to sit in. Awesome.

Gianna's favorite animal....she doesn't like the real ones as much :)


This peacock was beautiful!  I've never been this close to one and it was amazing to see the colors, texture, and beautiful details in the feathers.  Seriously, God outdid himself when He created the peacock.  Stunning!


Mini deer...I don't remember what they were called, but they were about the size of a Jack Russel Terrier




Lemurs...they were snuggling together and grooming each other.  Gianna said, "They love each other".


We had so much fun.  I can't wait to go back...and if anyone comes to visit us, I'll probably use your visit as an excuse to go back.  Be ye warned!  I'm going to drag you here!
Don't worry.  They have ice cream!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill.

That looks like a fun day. I like that Maya liked feeding the animals while Gianna loved putting the money in the machine to get the food out. You can't get much more compatible than that!

: 0 ) Theresa

Unknown said...

It looks like a wonderful FUN time!!!! love the sweet pictures:)

Stephen and Michelle said...

Anderson & Girls is a favorite of ours, too! Maybe we should meet up there sometime!!! :) :)
Michelle

coble said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

that peacock is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...