Warning: this is gross.
Today the girls are both sick and I'm staying home with them. They both have yucky sounding coughs, and Maya totally just puked up curdled milk all over my couch. I don't think her stomach is upset, I just think she coughed so hard it made her puke. Gross, regardless.
So, since she was covered in vomit, I started cleaning her up and it smelled so awful that I puked. For the record, I'm a nurse. I've smelled some of the nastiest, most vile things that have come out of a human body. But combine chunky, rotten milk mixed with stomach bile and my pregnancy......it equals puke fest.
Boogers and snot are flowing like milk and honey at my house right now. My girls recently learned how to pick their nose (not something I taught them) and keep sticking their fingers up there and bringing me boogers.
So what am I thankful for today? Pacifiers. My girls love their pacifiers. We lost a bunch of pacis during our Thanksgiving travels, so today I'm so grateful for the two I have.
Lately, we've been going days and days without using pacifiers, but it is so nice to have them available on days like today.
Today the girls are both sick and I'm staying home with them. They both have yucky sounding coughs, and Maya totally just puked up curdled milk all over my couch. I don't think her stomach is upset, I just think she coughed so hard it made her puke. Gross, regardless.
So, since she was covered in vomit, I started cleaning her up and it smelled so awful that I puked. For the record, I'm a nurse. I've smelled some of the nastiest, most vile things that have come out of a human body. But combine chunky, rotten milk mixed with stomach bile and my pregnancy......it equals puke fest.
Boogers and snot are flowing like milk and honey at my house right now. My girls recently learned how to pick their nose (not something I taught them) and keep sticking their fingers up there and bringing me boogers.
So what am I thankful for today? Pacifiers. My girls love their pacifiers. We lost a bunch of pacis during our Thanksgiving travels, so today I'm so grateful for the two I have.
Lately, we've been going days and days without using pacifiers, but it is so nice to have them available on days like today.

No comments:
Post a Comment