Today I'm thankful for the abundance of food available. I was making Chicken Noodle Soup today and realized I have at least two whole chickens in my freezer, plus other misc. meat. That is more food than most of the world has...and I could go to store whenever I want and buy more food.
We are so blessed to have enough to eat. I found these stats from 2007:
- 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths; (Source: The State of the World's Children, UNICEF, 2007)
- One out of four children - roughly 146 million - in developing countries are underweight (Source: The State of the World's Children, UNICEF, 2007)
Not only do I have food in my house, but I have clean water.
God, please help me to remember those who don't have enough food and help me to be your hands and feet here on Earth and actually DO something to change this.
God, please help me to remember those who don't have enough food and help me to be your hands and feet here on Earth and actually DO something to change this.
No comments:
Post a Comment