My girls are gone for the weekend. It's just the hubby and myself!
Sounds relaxing and romantic, right?
Sadly, there will not be much romance or relaxing around here. We're moving. In 10 days. I'm freaking out just a bit.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to pack with two 3 yr olds and a 1 yr old? Let's just say it's challenging, which is why they are visiting with Mimi, Aunt Kim, Mamaw, and Poppa for the next few days.
So this weekend I'm packing. I'm selling stuff on facebook. We're trying to find a used washer and dryer to buy. I'm processing the fact that I have 4 days left to work (12 hr shifts). I just worked my very last Friday with some of my favorite people. I feel like my head is spinning!
I realized I never shared with my faithful blog readers (all 5 of you) what is going on in our lives. Sorry! Here's the scoop:
My handsome husband has accepted a call to pastor a church in Michigan. We'll be living a little ways outside of Grand Rapids, in a small town (Can you find Grand Rapids on the map? We'll be moving around there, to place called Sheridan).
We're so excited to move and start this new chapter in our lives. We really feel like it is a step of faith to go to this church, but we know it is where God is calling us. The church is awesome. We love what they're about and what they're doing for the community. I'm so pumped to be a part of the church and excited to see what God has in store for us.
Our new house will be a parsonage, and it will be smaller in some ways (bedrooms), but larger than our current house in other ways (more living room, dining room, kitchen areas).
We're so excited to move and start this new chapter in our lives. We really feel like it is a step of faith to go to this church, but we know it is where God is calling us. The church is awesome. We love what they're about and what they're doing for the community. I'm so pumped to be a part of the church and excited to see what God has in store for us.
Our new house will be a parsonage, and it will be smaller in some ways (bedrooms), but larger than our current house in other ways (more living room, dining room, kitchen areas).
That's what is going on in our lives. Craziness and chaos, as usual!



8 comments:
Jill I am so excited for you!!!! I know that wonderful things are on the horizon. I will be praying for you as you guys make this move. Hugs friend, thanks for the update :)
This is exciting, Jill! Welcome to Michigan! We're in Chelsea, just outside of Ann Arbor (Southeast portion of the state). It's always exciting to be among a community of believers where everyone's excited about the same mission/vision. I wish you both well.
Sounds very exciting! Hoping your move goes well and you can all adjust quickly. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures! : )
Packing with small children is so so hard!!
Hope you get lots done while they are away! =)
Moving can be exciting and can be tough. Will be praying for you!!
Congrats to your family!!! How exciting to start a new adventure! Happy moving!!
yay so fun! can't wait to hear about the adventure:) you are awesome!
that is me, Kara that posted above sorry I don't know what happened, but wanted you to know that someone weird was not commenting!
So excited!!
Michelle
Post a Comment