This was a special Easter for us. Not only because we had the opportunity to celebrate the Resurrection, but because we were able to be with our family.
There are a lot of fun 'perks' to being a ministry family, but one of the negatives is that you have to be at church on Easter and Christmas--every year!
We see our family if they come to our house, but usually we aren't able to spend the holidays with family.
This year, since we're not currently serving at a church, we were able to go home for Easter! And by home, I mean northwest Indiana...my favorite part of the country. We drove up Friday and spent time with both my grandmas, my aunt and uncle, my mom and sister, and my in-laws.
On Saturday, my mom, sister, and I took the girls to a big Easter egg hunt. They loved picking up the eggs. They had their faces painted and even got to pet some horses!
Before the hunt...waiting for the 2 and 3 yr olds turn to get eggs...
There are a lot of fun 'perks' to being a ministry family, but one of the negatives is that you have to be at church on Easter and Christmas--every year!
We see our family if they come to our house, but usually we aren't able to spend the holidays with family.
This year, since we're not currently serving at a church, we were able to go home for Easter! And by home, I mean northwest Indiana...my favorite part of the country. We drove up Friday and spent time with both my grandmas, my aunt and uncle, my mom and sister, and my in-laws.
On Saturday, my mom, sister, and I took the girls to a big Easter egg hunt. They loved picking up the eggs. They had their faces painted and even got to pet some horses!
Before the hunt...waiting for the 2 and 3 yr olds turn to get eggs...
We love Aunt Kim!





There was a random cage with cats....because what do kids like? Cats in a cage, obviously.


On Easter, we went to church and then to my in-laws house for lunch. My wonderful mother in law had Easter eggs for the girls to find. They had so much fun. They're STILL talking about finding the eggs with candy in them!
Maya in her Easter dress
Maya in her Easter dress



By the way, we didn't leave Olivia at home. She was just sleeping every time I had my camera out! Poor baby...I didn't even get a picture of her in her Easter dress. It was the same as the twins' dress. :)
I love Easter.
I love Easter.






1 comment:
Oh I hate that when we miss a picture. I have had that happen and had to stage a day so I had a pic of all the kids. Well no matter the pics are lovely, it looks like a wonderful day :)
Post a Comment