The weather around here has been gross. Cold, windy, rainy--we had bad storms last night. Everything is soaked! This makes playing outside and even going "bye-bye" difficult.
Today the twins and I decided to make our own fun. We were going to make oven baked french fries for lunch, so the girls got to wash the potatoes. You would think I gave them a brand new toy! Seriously, they spent a good 45 minutes washing the potatoes, playing with the water, and getting soaked from head to toe.



I need to find some more simple activities to do with the girls inside and outside. They have so much energy! Let me know if you have any good ideas!
Here's some other things going on in our lives:

Also, I wanted to send a big hug and prayers to Ruthie C. She is a faithful blog reader who always encourages me to update more frequently....we're praying for you, Ruthie..hope you are recovering well. Olivia can't wait to be snuggled and held by you! (and spit up on Joanna!)
Today the twins and I decided to make our own fun. We were going to make oven baked french fries for lunch, so the girls got to wash the potatoes. You would think I gave them a brand new toy! Seriously, they spent a good 45 minutes washing the potatoes, playing with the water, and getting soaked from head to toe.
I need to find some more simple activities to do with the girls inside and outside. They have so much energy! Let me know if you have any good ideas!
Here's some other things going on in our lives:
- Olivia is sleeping about 4-5 hours at night....I can't wait until they ALL sleep 12 hrs at night!
- We are going to start the transition to "big girl" beds very soon. We have two twin beds for Maya and Gigi (we're going to skip toddler beds...less to buy). Honestly, I'm terrified to do this. I'm afraid they won't nap....or they'll poke each others eyes out...or will get up at 2a.m. to play...or they'll get up and pull every article of clothing out of their dresser!
- Potty training is not happening right now. Possibly soon...I want Olivia to be on more of a consistent schedule and sleeping more at night. Momma is tired...and the thought of potty training TWO children at once is horrifying.
- This past Sunday we closed our church....and Easter Sunday we are opening our NEW church! It's called The Bridge Community Church. It's awesome and I can't wait! I'll write more about the church later, but we are a multi-cultural church focused on reaching our WHOLE community. Our services are in English and Spanish...we worship together with both languages.

- Something horrible is happening at our house. They are called TWO YEAR MOLARS and they are my sworn enemies. I hate teething! Gianna is having a really hard time with her teeth coming in and has not wanted to sleep much at night. I'm praying they pop through soon.
- I'm excited for Easter! I'm so excited about our new church starting and I'm excited to celebrate the Resurrection!
Also, I wanted to send a big hug and prayers to Ruthie C. She is a faithful blog reader who always encourages me to update more frequently....we're praying for you, Ruthie..hope you are recovering well. Olivia can't wait to be snuggled and held by you! (and spit up on Joanna!)
1 comment:
Here are a couple of indoor (or outdoor) activities that my kids love to do!
1. I freeze little "treasures" into containers of water. It works best to do it in layers so the items are dispersed evenly throughout. Once it is frozen hard, give the girls tooth brushes, eye droppers, spoons, etc. with warm water for them to melt the ice and "dig" out the treasures.
2. Get rice or beans and put them in a bowl. Give the girls some cupcake pans and let them scoop the beans into the pan and move them from one cup to another. I have no idea why, but Agatha loves doing this. Plus, it helps her learn different textures.
3. Take and ice-cube tray and fill some of the little compartments with colored water. Give the girls an eye dropper to mix the colors. This is also a favorite...plus teaches basic colors and what different colors combined do!
Post a Comment