
On Saturday (March 7) at 5:40 p.m., my dad passed away.
It was something we expected and planned on, but it didn't make the actual event any easier. You think you're ready for something, but nothing can prepare you for the moment when your loved one actually leaves this world.
He died peacefully, surrounded by my mom, Kim, Brooks and I. I'm relieved he is out of pain, but heartbroken that he is gone.
I think Kim and I are lucky. Not only did we have a dad who loved us unconditionally, supported us, and believed in us, but we had a dad who loved the Lord. The loss of our dad is hard....but the reason it is so hard is because we know the man he was. We are blessed to know the heartache of losing a great dad.
FAQ's:
It was something we expected and planned on, but it didn't make the actual event any easier. You think you're ready for something, but nothing can prepare you for the moment when your loved one actually leaves this world.
He died peacefully, surrounded by my mom, Kim, Brooks and I. I'm relieved he is out of pain, but heartbroken that he is gone.
I think Kim and I are lucky. Not only did we have a dad who loved us unconditionally, supported us, and believed in us, but we had a dad who loved the Lord. The loss of our dad is hard....but the reason it is so hard is because we know the man he was. We are blessed to know the heartache of losing a great dad.
FAQ's:
- When is the funeral? The viewing will be Tuesday from 4-8 p.m. at White Love Funeral home in Chesterton, the funeral will be Wednesday at 10 a.m., same place.
- Memorials? to VNA Hospice or Pancreatic Cancer Foundation
- How's your mom? She is tough...hanging in there....mourning the loss of her best friend
- How are the babies? God has placed a protective hand on these girls...they seem to be fine. I haven't had any contractions or bleeding, no complications during this time.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for our family. Your prayers are so appreciated.
9 comments:
((HUGS!!)) Jill!! Praying for you and your family! I hope the service is beautiful, memorable, and healing for you all...
I love you and will be there Wednesday. Can I do anything for you??
I love you guys. I'm sure nothing has made him more proud than seeing the beautiful women of God that his daughters have become. Love and Prayers, Stephanie M.
jill, i love you so much! i so wish i could be with you during this time. please let other people carry you right now. my prayers are with you. my heart is grieving with you. i love you, friend!
Thinking of and praying for you. Love, Sondra
Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Losing someone dear is always hard - no matter what the circumstances.
I'm so sorry your family is going through this loss right now. I'm praying for you guys! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
-Dottie
So sorry to hear about your loss. We will be praying for you and your family!
Trisha and Todd
Jill
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! I have learned over this past year that God will give you the strength that you need to get through the hard times. Sounds like your mom has been given that strength already! Take care of yourself and those little twins (that's why I was really popping over to your blog...to see if you had had them yet...can't wait to see pictures and hear details)...and I'll keep praying for you.
Love in Christ
Ali (Watts) Feldman
P.S. Maybe your dad has already met my Emmalee, Owen and Cooper...they're probably playing together right now...that's kind of a cool thought, huh?!?!
Post a Comment