I feel huge...and tired.
That pretty much sums up my life right now.
At our last doctor's appt (last Thursday), my OB said that baby A (my left) was "in position". I'm not entirely sure what that means, but he said she was way down low and "on the launch pad". Maybe it means that baby dropped?
I am definitely ready to give these girls an eviction notice! I'm getting bigger and bigger. Here's the belly today. These pictures surprised me...I guess I don't realize how huge I am. Yikes.


Today we went to Kokomo to do some 'stock-up-before-the-babies-get-here' shopping. I am exhausted now, and I think today was probably my last big outing until the babies come. While shopping, I had people look at me with big eyes...like they were terrified I was going to pop.
One couple must have been worried about me...they asked me if I was okay and if I was in labor (trust me, if I was in labor, I would not be sitting calmly on a bench at Menards).
Another lady told me that she didn't know watermelons were in season (creative!).
I overheard two ladies say "Wow...glad it's not me!"
Anyways, my puppy was groomed today. Her fur has been super long and she was in desperate need of some trimming. Here's Norah before...


And after...
Sigh...I miss her fur already. I love it when she is shaggy. Yes, she can't see well, gets hot, and her beard fur gets caught in her mouth sometimes....but she's so cute and fluffy with long hair!
In other news, my wonderful sister came and spent the weekend with us. She helped us organize a bunch of baby stuff and put together the swing and other things that were still in boxes. It was her birthday on Saturday, so Brooks and I made a cake wreck for her. We had a fun weekend, although Kim was apparently disappointed that I did not go into labor while she was here. Good thing we didn't put candles on the cake and have her wish for something!
If you are not familiar with what a cake wreck is, I highly recommend checking out this website:
Cake Wrecks
Here's Kim with her lovely cake :)


Our inspiration came from this cake that was actually made for someone:
Click Here
Now...on to something even more disturbing than the cake we made. If you are easily grossed out, maybe you should stop reading this blog.
And especially don't look at the pictures.
They are horrifying.
I wanted to share with everyone one of the 'joys' of my pregnancy. Please note: these images are disturbing.
My lower limbs are turning on me. I used to like my feet...toes...ankles. I mean, they were just normal, nothing super weird looking. They fit into most shoes. Those days are GONE. Please take small children out of the room before scrolling down and looking at these pictures:



You will notice these pictures are slightly blurry. That is because my loving sister was laughing uncontrollably while taking the pictures and pushing her finger into my foot. Kim says I have "reverse ankles", meaning my legs actually are smaller the further up you go.
That finger mark stayed on my foot for a while...Kim and Brooks made several smiley faces on my feet, and the dog actually left paw marks after standing on my leg.
Disturbing.
Now that everyone is severely grossed out, I'll end with some pictures of the nursery. We got a new recliner (we decided a glider just wouldn't be big enough to nurse two babies) and put some curtains up.


This blog entry has turned out to be super long! But hey...there's a lot going on in our lives right now. So far no painful contractions...maybe the babies will be in our next update!
That pretty much sums up my life right now.
At our last doctor's appt (last Thursday), my OB said that baby A (my left) was "in position". I'm not entirely sure what that means, but he said she was way down low and "on the launch pad". Maybe it means that baby dropped?
I am definitely ready to give these girls an eviction notice! I'm getting bigger and bigger. Here's the belly today. These pictures surprised me...I guess I don't realize how huge I am. Yikes.
Today we went to Kokomo to do some 'stock-up-before-the-babies-get-here' shopping. I am exhausted now, and I think today was probably my last big outing until the babies come. While shopping, I had people look at me with big eyes...like they were terrified I was going to pop.
One couple must have been worried about me...they asked me if I was okay and if I was in labor (trust me, if I was in labor, I would not be sitting calmly on a bench at Menards).
Another lady told me that she didn't know watermelons were in season (creative!).
I overheard two ladies say "Wow...glad it's not me!"
Anyways, my puppy was groomed today. Her fur has been super long and she was in desperate need of some trimming. Here's Norah before...
And after...
Sigh...I miss her fur already. I love it when she is shaggy. Yes, she can't see well, gets hot, and her beard fur gets caught in her mouth sometimes....but she's so cute and fluffy with long hair!
In other news, my wonderful sister came and spent the weekend with us. She helped us organize a bunch of baby stuff and put together the swing and other things that were still in boxes. It was her birthday on Saturday, so Brooks and I made a cake wreck for her. We had a fun weekend, although Kim was apparently disappointed that I did not go into labor while she was here. Good thing we didn't put candles on the cake and have her wish for something!
If you are not familiar with what a cake wreck is, I highly recommend checking out this website:
Cake Wrecks
Here's Kim with her lovely cake :)
Our inspiration came from this cake that was actually made for someone:
Click Here
Now...on to something even more disturbing than the cake we made. If you are easily grossed out, maybe you should stop reading this blog.
And especially don't look at the pictures.
They are horrifying.
I wanted to share with everyone one of the 'joys' of my pregnancy. Please note: these images are disturbing.
My lower limbs are turning on me. I used to like my feet...toes...ankles. I mean, they were just normal, nothing super weird looking. They fit into most shoes. Those days are GONE. Please take small children out of the room before scrolling down and looking at these pictures:
You will notice these pictures are slightly blurry. That is because my loving sister was laughing uncontrollably while taking the pictures and pushing her finger into my foot. Kim says I have "reverse ankles", meaning my legs actually are smaller the further up you go.
That finger mark stayed on my foot for a while...Kim and Brooks made several smiley faces on my feet, and the dog actually left paw marks after standing on my leg.
Disturbing.
Now that everyone is severely grossed out, I'll end with some pictures of the nursery. We got a new recliner (we decided a glider just wouldn't be big enough to nurse two babies) and put some curtains up.
This blog entry has turned out to be super long! But hey...there's a lot going on in our lives right now. So far no painful contractions...maybe the babies will be in our next update!
5 comments:
Jill,
I had a mom who delivered twins the other night that had way bigger feet and ankles. She was a little bity thing too. Probably weighed maybe 120lbs before pregnancy. I can't wait to see your girls. Hopefully soon!
yay for updating the blog! you had so much to say, i loved it! thanks again for my wreck, best birthday cake EVER. and i'm pretty sure that when you DO go into labor, you will immediately get the urge to go to menards and sit on a bench. i'm just saying.
Oh my goodness any day now!!! Congrats!! You are so cute! (Even the feet... ooh, I hate it when that happens... so nice when they finally shrink though!) I know exactly what you mean about the "looks", it's hilarious standing in checkout lines behind single guys... they get seriously freaked. ;) ((HUGS!!)) Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little twosome!!!
Jason and I enjoyed a good laugh...not at you of course...but with you! Love you and can't wait to meet my neices!!!!
Oh my poor Jill...bless your heart (and I mean that in the most sincere way--not in the bless her heart, cough, cough, she's so swollen, cough cough). Hang in there girl,,,it'll all be ending soon enough when those little girls arrive.
Post a Comment