Saturday, March 14, 2009

34 Weeks and Growing!

First of all, thank you to everyone for your prayers and support the last few weeks. I think we are all doing okay...but it's just going to take some time to heal from losing my Dad. It still breaks my heart to think that the twins will never be able to meet their Grandpa Mitchell--he would have spoiled them like crazy! But I know God has a perfect plan for this pregnancy, and His ways are not my ways.

Here's the belly this week! It is so big, I could barely hold the camera far enough away to get it all in. I took a picture with all my stretch marks, but it wasn't a pretty sight. I was afraid some of you would be too squeamish!



We had another ultrasound done on Thursday. The babies are growing! Baby A (my left) was 4 lbs, 10 oz and Baby B (my right) was 5 lbs! Both are currently head down, but that can definitely change. My OB was happy--he said things look great. And I'm officially finished working for this pregnancy...YAY!
My feet/ankles are way gross...they are swollen all day long. I think I have 1+ to 2+ pitting edema constantly. But my blood pressure is still okay.
The only other thing that is really bothering me lately (besides being huge and not able to move/walk much) is that I have tingling in my hands and feet all the time. It's just weird.

Brooks and I have been home since Wednesday evening, and we have been working hard to get things ready for the girls. Our new carpet was installed while we were up with my Dad, so the house is ALMOST ready. I love the new carpet...it's so squishy.

Here's the nursery so far--Brooks put the crib up and I've been busy doing a million loads of baby laundry.

The crib has a changing table and storage places attached to one end:

This is the pile of blankets I have...I don't know where to put them yet, so I'm just piling them on top of the dresser until I clean out some more drawers!
And after washing all those baby clothes, I have a favorite set of outfits, courtesy of Aunt Kim.Yes, those are bugs on the butts. So adorable!

The ladies at our church threw a baby shower for me a few weeks ago...it was so fun! Here are some pictures:
I have another baby shower today (yay!) so I'll get pictures up from that one later on this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi kids!
I love to read your blog. I think the pics are wonderful. Can't wait to meet those wonderful girls.
I will see you later today.
I love you both (all) so much! love you!

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers...what a time of joy and sorrow for you all at the same time. I'm so glad to hear that the girls are doing so well!!

Christina Estes said...

I can't believe how close you are to the end! How exciting. You look adorable and I absolutely love the bedding you picked out, so cute! I hope everything goes well for you. I have been praying for you and your family.

The Bontragers said...

Jill, you look so radiant! I love the brown and pink elephants.

jonathan & jessica said...

That has to be the cutest cake! You look great Jill!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the girls!!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the elephants. How cute!! I promise to come up there with Bear once you have the girls and are settled in at home. My hands were tingly during pregnancy, too. In fact, my right hand felt almost completely numb (which was really interesting since I was coaching Vball and had to hit balls w/ that hand all the time). Glad you're home and getting some rest now. Love u.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...