Friday, February 27, 2009

Changes

Things have been changing around here.

Last week the plumbing was fixed! Yay! I still haven't totally caught up on laundry, but at least Brooks and I have some clean underwear to wear.....small things like that make me happy! :)

I want to give a huge "THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to everyone who called and offered us support and help with the house. I know we weren't able to take most of you up on your offer to help, but it meant so much to us.

Last weekend, we were blessed to have Frank and Shelley and Andy, Leah, and Addie come help. They worked for HOURS on Saturday--it was amazing how much was accomplished. Now we have most of the carpet torn out of the house, the hallway wallpaper was removed, there is a new ceiling fan in our bedroom, the entertainment center was moved downstairs, and the wood trim in our bedroom was stained.

The living room...minus the entertainment center (more room for baby stuff)...ready for new carpet!

Here's the nursery without carpet...once that goes in, we can actually get ready for these girls!

I didn't do much to help, but I did get to play with my adorable niece all day....she's the best! :)

See how cute she is? Being pregnant does have its benefits... :)

And the best thing, in my opinion, is that Brooks and I are no longer sleeping on the floor in the nursery. You have no idea how horrible it is to be pregnant with twins and getting up off a mattress on the floor. Not a pretty picture, I'll promise you that.

_____________________________________________________________

We had to put my Dad into inpatient hospice yesterday. It was really hard...he isn't doing well right now at all. He hasn't eaten in the past few days, only takes sips of water, and is experiencing what the nurses call "terminal restlessness". Basically, he is restless and agitated....plus his pain has become much worse. He doesn't really know what's going on and hasn't been talking much. Part of the problem is that he is still so strong physically. I have no idea how he can be that strong, with all the meds and pain and not eating. But he is....his body is only 51, so he gets that adrenaline going and is strong as an ox.

If you think of him, please pray for pain relief and peace....it's so hard to see him so agitated, uncomfortable, and confused.

_____________________________________________________________

The babies are doing well....growing and growing. The ladies at church are having a baby shower for me tomorrow at church....I can't wait to see all the cute baby stuff! I'll post some pictures of the shower later.

Here's the belly from today...32 weeks and counting:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

comment.

addie is way cute. your girls better be way cuter. :-)

Unknown said...

Your girls will be way cuter! :) I am still able to come help if and when you need it. Whether it's painting, putting batteries in toys, washing and putting away baby clothes and supplies...please let me know. Love u!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...